Caribou Gear

First elk down!

That is an amazing first elk and a beautiful bull on top of that! You probably won't come down from your high for a few days!!!

Congrats and a heck of a bull to start out with as you hunt. How was the pack out? I get sore now just thinking about packing elk out on foot.

My brother carried out the shoulder and I took a hindquarter out on the way back to the truck which was a two mile treck. Once we were back at the truck got permission to drive in and I got my truck within 100 yards to finish loading the rest of the pieces

Congrats on your first elk still looking to get mine. When you call in spikes how do you prevent them from eventually busting you and blowing the whole thing up?

Congrats on your first elk still looking to get mine. When you call in spikes how do you prevent them from eventually busting you and blowing the whole thing up?
They were hanging around and wouldn’t leave so I tried making movement so they would wonder off but eventually had to stand up and bust them out. When they barked I bugled. Made it seem like the other bull scare them off

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shed God
Back