Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Tree Saddle Pros and Cons

okiehunter18

I have recently started coming across tree saddle set ups as an alternative to hanging tree stands. I don't know anyone who has used them personally, so I was trying to find out if anyone on here has. If so, are they comfortable for long days in the tree? Also what specific item have you used and/or recommend? I am whitetail hunting several different public land areas in Oklahoma this fall, so I really like the idea of how light it would be.

I've taken an interest in tree saddles recently as well. I will probably pull the trigger on one in the next year or so. I have found the saddle hunter forum to be the best source of info from experienced people on the subject. saddlehunter.com

I have one, it works good for public land hunting, not having to leave anything in the tree. Try to use a branch to lean on to save your feet a little, also use knee pads to lean on the tree and rest your feet. I can about 4-5 hours then I have to stand and move a little. I like it a lot more than regular stands, I always feel like I'm going to fall out of tree stands. anything else let me know.

I first hunted out of one 15 years ago. Loved it. Wouldnt recommend for long all day hunts in the stand. But for being mobil and paired with a good peg system its hard to beat. Also the other great upside is your stand is always with you. Not sure if you can drill trees or have to use strap on ladders but if you can drill i would check out Warren Womack's YouTube about woodpecker drill and grade A bolts. https://youtu.be/A99ur1hQdq0
Wealth of the knowledge. Check out his Instagram may be able to give you some great pros amd cons. https://www.instagram.com/p/Bn3fGrYhfJW/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=dsmxzb633p8t

Last edited:
My understanding of Oklahoma's regs are that I can't use screw in steps or anything that permanently attaches on public land but thanks for the info either way!

Buddy of mine used one a few times and then one day he slipped off of the pegs with his feet and now he cant have kids....

I looked into them a little bit this year but found them to be a little different than I originally thought. I couldn't justify spending the money just to have to go through all the same motions as I do with a hang on or climber. Personally, I chose to stick with the comfort of those.

I am just shocked there is a saddle hunter forum.

It's a fine line. Go with what works, but still...

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back