MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

6.5 cm hate?

• Thread starter Deleted member 38069
  • Start date
BigFin is one of the most straight forward and least pushy promoters in the outdoors field today. No body makes money off a cartridge type, and a lot of gun brands get love on this forum (god people love their x-bolts, and I love my tikkas and Rem700s are everywhere). With your weeks of tenure on the forum and your baker's dozen posts, seems an awfully bold and snotty take on your part.

Maybe it's just me, saw some humor here. Too much fun - couldn't resist.....
View attachment 90949

Someone stole onpoint's password.

Don't need one, bought a .260 years ago.

I have two, .260s and they are both hammers (due to wearing Criterion barrels). I recently had a .308 re-chambered to the Creed and it, also, is a great rifle. I really like the fact that I can hammer deer with any of them, reload them cheaply, and shoot them all day off bags, without having any bruises on my shoulder. I have never seen a deer shot with my 6.5s that was any less dead, than one shot with my 7 mag, or other calibers. I am not a mega-range addict, as I can only shoot to 530 on my range here at the house, and although I would not hesitate to shoot a deer that far, I rarely have had to stretch beyond 400. For the couple times that I have, the 6.5s have performed perfectly.

I like my .260s, mainly because I can make brass from .308 brass that I already have. The Creed handles the 147-grainers a bit better, due to better magazine fit.

There is nothing about the 6.5s, in whatever configuration, to not like. As I said before, the only people that do not like the 6.5s, are ones that have not used them.

I hate the fact that my Creedmoor broke in WY and it had to get a new stock under warranty. It’s really put a hampering on killing Coyotes this fall. Oh well, guess I will just use the .450 Bushmaster instead of hating uselessly on the Internet.

What else are we going to do? ;)

Lots of great thinks to do. Lol

Debate which caliber is best for Elk! Assign numbers to the first time posters asking for units. Place bets on the amount of times in 2019 a new boot thread starts or “your honey hole” appears in posts. Tempt Cushman to posting midget stripper pics in off topic threads, you know the usual important stuff.

Does said 6.5 MB owner carry around a milli vanilli greatest hits album or do the have a flat brim and drive a truck with Utah plates...

I think a lot of people that gravitate to the DIY hunting arena, like myself, resist bandwagon type thinking. The cartridge itself is absolutely nothing special. The reason it’s taking the world by storm is that it’s SAAMI/factory twist, throat and lead angle are optimized for modern high BC bullets, which does make it a standout in the factory loaded ammo category. For other cartridges to utilize those components as effectively usually involves some combination of luck, customization and handloading. The gate comes from not wanting to get on the bandwagon and the fact that it actually doesn’t push a bullet any more effectively than a number of similar cartridges. The love comes from the fact that a bunch of guys are now able to buy a gun and ammo off the shelf and do what used to require a lot of custom work, reloading, and tuning.

The 6.5-284 Norma almost did it quite a few years ago. The problem is that long actions are not popular(why is still beyond me) and although it’s supposed to work in a short action, it doesn’t do so with long bullets seated out far enough not to waste case capacity.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back