6.5 cm hate?

• Thread starter Deleted member 38069
  • Start date
Right! I mean, who cares about accuracy?! Shooting tight groups at practice is for schmucks and putting the first shot through the boiler room is TOTALLY overrated anyway...

Do all CM owners get offended so easily? :D sheesh

IMO, there is a very big difference between accurate hunting rifles and bench rest accurate that shoot "super tight groups." I dont have the time or care to spend my money on the later. It takes a lot of both to make it happen. IMO, it makes zero sense for my style of hunting.

How many CM owners have factory built rifles, shooting factory ammo, with factory accuracy? How are they more accurate than the next cartridge?

Do all CM owners get offended so easily? :D sheesh

IMO, there is a very big difference between accurate hunting rifles and bench rest accurate that shoot "super tight groups."

Yeah, I guess sarcasm gets lost in print. I love the 6.5 'bashing' with justifications like this. Carry on...:D

I not once claimed that it is a fix all or more accurate than anything else. I like many calibers with the .300 win being my favorite. The .300wm was a little overkill for deer and range rockets. So, I bought the .264 to fit my caliber gap. I started this thread to learn why there is a stigma around the caliber. I'm by no means a 6.5 purist! Nor am I a long range hunter. Just curious. This thread gave me some answers and some humor.

I not once claimed that it is a fix all or more accurate than anything else. I like many calibers with the .300 win being my favorite. The .300wm was a little overkill for deer and range rockets. So, I bought the .264 to fit my caliber gap. I started this thread to learn why there is a stigma around the caliber. I'm by no means a 6.5 purist! Nor am I a long range hunter. Just curious. This thread gave me some answers and some humor.

or annoying. send us a pic of your manbun so we know you're legit

.30 cal and under are considered small bores.

Good day, sir.

There are .45s and above and there are small bores. :)

.30s aren't even hummingbird calibers so far as I'm concerned. Those start at .35 (and that's mostly a stunt gun caliber anyway).

:) :)

How many CM owners have factory built rifles, shooting factory ammo, with factory accuracy? How are they more accurate than the next cartridge?

The case dimensions are such that high BC, match grade bullets can be seated close to the lands. That improves accuracy in most rifles. The chamber specs are also uniform, so the ammo doesn’t have to function in a variety of firearms like, say, a 30-06 does. That means the everything can be made to a tighter tolerance, which also aids accuracy.

On top of that, most of the Creed shooters are looking for accuracy, so if manufacturers want to gain market share, they need to be producing accurate ammo. That is much different than a lot of the 270, 308, and 30-06 ammo which jus needs to go “bang” to sell to many hunters. So manufacturers have an incentive for better QC on Creedmore ammunition.

That’s not to say that a well built rifle in any chambering cannot be accurate, but the Creed has a lot going for it out of the box due to these circumstances, and I’d be willing to bet your average group out of 100 factory rifles shooting factory ammo is smaller than that of a 270, 308, 30-06 etc.

I don't know that my 6.5 is more accurate than my 7mag. But what I do know is that it doesn't rattle my brain every time I shot it and I feel that the 7mag is overkill for antelope. So I picked up the 6.5 as my antelope gun.

If there are some advantages to long range shooting with the 6.5 creed I don't capitalize on them since 400 yards is my max.

Not much for pictures so I searched for the model.
6.5cm.jpg
There it is!

You want a picture? This is getting weird.

That is what happens with whiny rants about "oohhh, you hate my rifle, boo boo boo" that go 5 pages.

You've been awarded the contempt and ridicule I used to feel about the snooty 16 guage society.
At least they have a sense of humour :hump:

That is what happens with whiny rants about "oohhh, you hate my rifle, boo boo boo" that go 5 pages.

You've been awarded the contempt and ridicule I used to feel about the snooty 16 guage society.
At least they have a sense of humour :hump:

Our definitions of whining are vastly different.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvrguy
Back