6.5 cm hate?

• Thread starter Deleted member 38069
  • Start date
I don't have a problem with the 6.5 MB, I just don't care for hyped up, trendy, over-rated things. I also never cared for the Backstreet Boys or Milli Vanilli.

I don't have a problem with the 6.5 MB, I just don't care for hyped up, trendy, over-rated things. I also never cared for the Backstreet Boys or Milli Vanilli.

Now there's a picture for your minds eye. Lip syncing to Milli Vanilli whilst shooting your manb...er 6.5. If I recall, they had dreads, not manbuns tho.

Over-rated? How do you rate a round? Clearly you don't have any experience with the 6.5 man bun?!:confused:

THIS: Plenty of other calibers (guns) that shoot similar (or better). Lets look at the 25-06 that's been around since the 1960's. would be nice if 25-06 had more weight if needed.

I don't HATE the creedmore, just think it's the "newest greatest" thing that people have to have. As mentioned previously just like the WSSM was a few years ago.

https://ronspomeroutdoors.com/blog/25-06-remington-beats-6-5-creedmoor/

attachment.php

good luck to all
the dog

Over-rated? How do you rate a round? Clearly you don't have any experience with the 6.5 man bun?!:confused:

I was just joking around. The 6.5CM has pretty much pushed the 7mm-08 off the racks these days. I'm a fan of the 7-08 and all the cartridges based off the .308, so I hold that against the Manbun. Besides that, I really have nothing against it. Its just another cartridge and has its uses, but trendiness tends to irk me. But that's my own issue.

Like pointingdogsrule pointed out, there's other calibers that have been out a lot longer that are more capable. 6.5 may have been around a while, but it's only been 'popular' for a few years recently. It's a fad and it'll be seen if it stands the test of time.

Not sure how the 6.5 is considered a flat shooting cartridge. Like pointed out above there are better cartridges out there and to each their own. I prefer a gun that’s gonna have a higher muzzle velocity than 2750fps.

Not sure how the 6.5 is considered a flat shooting cartridge. Like pointed out above there are better cartridges out there and to each their own. I prefer a gun that’s gonna have a higher muzzle velocity than 2750fps.

I like my 6.5-06s, all of them. From a practical standpoint and performance on game most of that stuff is more alike than it is different.

I'm definitely biased... but I think the .264 win mag is the best 6.5 cartridge

If you consider max large game range to be max range able to impart 1500ft-lbs of energy (just for arguments sake), and that 20 ft-lbs is about the max recoil your average shooter can tolerate (from chuck hawks) the .264 win mag reaches out much further than the creedmore but at not nearly the cost in recoil of the 26 Nosler or 6.5-300 weatherby, in my opinion it's in that perfect sweet spot.

All shooting 140 grain accubond
6.5 creedmore =300 yards
.264 win mag = 450 yards
26 nosler = 600 yards
6.5-300 Weatherby = 650 yards

Recoil
6.5 Creemore= 13.1 ft-lbs
.264 win mag = 18.8 ft-lbs
26 Nosler =30.3 ft-lbs
6.5-300 Weatherby = 31.9 ft-lbs

6.5 creedmoor.png This is what I associate with my 6.5 hipster/manbun/whatever. Personally I think the 28 Nosler should be gaining more hate because people associate it with 1000 yard shots on animals.

I was just joking around. The 6.5CM has pretty much pushed the 7mm-08 off the racks these days. I'm a fan of the 7-08 and all the cartridges based off the .308, so I hold that against the Manbun. Besides that, I really have nothing against it. Its just another cartridge and has its uses, but trendiness tends to irk me. But that's my own issue.

I agree it can be suffocating seeing it everywhere but I like the round. Like I've said before I like my 7mm-08 and .300 win mag. All of them make quick work of deer.

View attachment 87176 This is what I associate with my 6.5 hipster/manbun/whatever. Personally I think the 28 Nosler should be gaining more hate because people associate it with 1000 yard shots on animals.

Nice shooting! My ceiling for a shot on an animal is 400 but on paper I'll try 1000!

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stravic
Back