6.5 cm hate?

• Thread starter Deleted member 38069
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 38069

I don't quite understand all of the hate towards the 6.5 creedmoor. In my books it's a flat shooting round that is effective on deer sized game. I own one and love it! I also have a 7mm-08, .270 and a .300 win mag. But I wanted one ever since 2010. I read an article about two ex-marines coming up with the round and just recently MARSOC and other units have agreed to use it as their sniper rounds. To me, that nullifies the "girly" comments about the round. Just curious why such resistance to an effective round.

I think some of the hate comes from people seeing it as a fix all to their rifle problems. The general consensus that it's a do all rifle that can kill anything at any distance is where I've heard some guys gripe about it for good reason the 260 has been around for a while as well....

I'm just no a big fan of the "Latest and Greatest", you hear it every couple of years, "this is the greatest new cartridge in the whole world...", and people rush out and buy them......I'll keep hunting with my .308, 30-06. and .300 Win Mag. Just an opinion.

I'm just no a big fan of the "Latest and Greatest", you hear it every couple of years, "this is the greatest new cartridge in the whole world...", and people rush out and buy them......I'll keep hunting with my .308, 30-06. and .300 Win Mag. Just an opinion.

I get that and those are great rounds too. The .300 win mag is arguably my favorite round. But the 6.5 cm was introduced in 2007 thats over a decade of experience. Its clearly not just a flash in the pan at this point.

The only hate in our hosehold towards the 6.5 was when I showed up with one. My wife looks at me and gives me the "really, what the hell you need another one of those things for?" I said "it's a gun I bought for you to use since you dont like my 7mag and for me for my backpack hunts." Next thing I know she's taken a deer, antelope, and a 6pt. bull and now all we have is "love" for the 6.5. Funny how those things happen. I will say it's a great little piece of iron and I'm happy to have one.

I think that by claiming that the 6.5 Creedmoor is a hipster cartridge (manbun) people on here are actually proving that they're the real hipsters of them all. Nowadays being obscure is about as hip as it gets.

On the other hand, I do get it. Yesterday at Scheels every gun chambered in 6.5 Creed was marked with a sweet bright sticker that said so. Literally no other guns on the rack had anything saying the caliber besides That gets sickening.

Critters are not any less dead if they are shot by a 140g from a 6.5 verses a 140g from a 7mm08. It only matters when your sitting around the campfire eating tenderloin and someone needs something to rib you on.

I don't give a rat's ass what anyone wants to shoot...I just like picking on Tony because I'm a D bag :cool:

Your a old fart, sticking to .30 calibers even though they are so yesterday....might as well be shooting a musket. Get with the time old man and get a man bun for that hipster goatee your sporting.

Your a old fart, sticking to .30 calibers even though they are so yesterday....might as well be shooting a musket. Get with the time old man and get a man bun for that hipster goatee your sporting.

I'm sorry...I'm not part of the 'who can shoot an elk with the smallest possible caliber' school of thought lol

People say the 6.5 Creedmoor is a fad, but hating on it is a bigger fad...

Haters on both sides.

In all seriousness hunters are no better than teenage girls when it comes to fads. From matching camo outfits down to underwear/panties to brands of gear and calibers of guns it's just out of control. Hunters are even worse about buying gear just because someone on TV wears it as well. Any of these popular hunters could sell dopy hunters any brand they want of boots/bows/guns/trucks/optics simply by saying they like it and posting on social media. I recently even saw a social media post with a hunter selling tires. No different than teenage girls and boy bands.

A few long range shows start showing off the 6.5 apollo creed and next thing you know they can't keep them on the shelves at bass pro. Half the hunters hate them, half swear by them. Yep, just like teenage girls keeping up with the kardashians.

Remember when nobody painted their face except maybe Haloween? Now they check makeup several times a day while hunting, just like teenage girls.

Notice how many selfies we see on social media from hunters? Again, just like teenage girls.

Haters on both sides.

In all seriousness hunters are no better than teenage girls when it comes to fads. From matching camo outfits down to underwear/panties to brands of gear and calibers of guns it's just out of control. Hunters are even worse about buying gear just because someone on TV wears it as well. Any of these popular hunters could sell dopy hunters any brand they want of boots/bows/guns/trucks/optics simply by saying they like it and posting on social media. I recently even saw a social media post with a hunter selling tires. No different than teenage girls and boy bands.

A few long range shows start showing off the 6.5 apollo creed and next thing you know they can't keep them on the shelves at bass pro. Half the hunters hate them, half swear by them. Yep, just like teenage girls keeping up with the kardashians.

Remember when nobody painted their face except maybe Haloween? Now they check makeup several times a day while hunting, just like teenage girls.

Notice how many selfies we see on social media from hunters? Again, just like teenage girls.

I agree with that. Just like Cushman said, I don't care what others use. I like it and I also like my .300 win mag. I must be weird, I like flat shooters that kill quickly.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crookhunt
Back