Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Insulation Value of boots

bugleforlife

I'm in need of a new pair of boots. I'm leaning towards trying Kenetreks. My feet tend to sweat very easily which in turn they can be difficult to keep warm. Lookin for advice, would 400 grams with merino wool socks be enough to sit for a couple hours in 0-10 degree weather, or is a 1000 gram needed for that cool of weather? Also am open to other suggestions on boots.
Thanks for the input

The answer will be wildly subjective, based on variables like quality of socks, personal body regulation, and how you lace your boots, among other things. Your best answer will be found be experimenting with combinations.

That being said, I feel like 400g with the right sock combo will be adequate. My feet tend to get cold when I stop, but it takes a few hours. Once I'm active again, a few minutes and I am warmed right up.

I would also encourage you to go to your store and try on multiple pairs and walk around the store for a good while. I did this, you can find my writeup on here somewhere. I really tried to get Kennetrek, but they just wouldn't work on my feet. Went with Cabela's Meindls, and am very, very happy with them.

I am like you , feet sweat easily, always hot it seems. I've moved to desert boots for most hunting due to this as although they get chilly sitting for a while they warm right up once I start walking and most importantly they don't get damp from sweat.

For really cold hunting I think you will prefer uninsulated or 400g. The 1,000 is probably going to make for sweaty and wet feet which always equals cold for me.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back