Yeti GOBOX Collection

Save my ass, please.

Sidesaddle Ben. Take a Creedmore and some microbrew so as to not look, well different. mtmuley

No help on the pony posterior, but I hope you have a heck of a hunt in there. That's something I've always wanted to do. Good luck!

Sounds like a good time, Ben. Looking forward to the write-up. Pack strings, wall tents... the way elk hunting was meant to be done. Have fun!

Bike shorts, not the 2 hour ones, the good ones. $100+

I agree 100%, but I might add that bike tights, full length would be even better and protect your legs and calves from chafing further down.

Sitting a horse is nothing like riding a bike, but the clothing will help a bunch nonetheless.

Ridin' horse in bike tights - next "what's the best for" discussion, biking tights for horseback hunting. The tights aren't going to help what really hurts if you haven't rode much. This place gets more (less) interesting all the time.
That movie really had effect on some.......
brokebackmountainbigstill.jpg

Last edited:
$100 for bike shorts? How 'bout I just stuff my boxers with dollar bills? That ought to provide some padding and I'll still have the money when the trip is over. Maybe spend it on the tip if the guide doesn't mind some sweaty, crumpled bills...

I bet you'll be much less sore after a 17 mile ride than you would have been had you hiked that far. Good luck!

The only thing that I have found to help is more time in the saddle.
In all seriousness, this is what it takes to get used to riding. Not always an option, but the one that works. Have fun Ben. mtmuley

"I bet you'll be much less sore after a 17 mile ride than you would have been had you hiked that far. Good luck!"

I'll take that bet, along with betting you've never rode 17 miles after not having ridden for years and/or not ridden ever..............
You will find pains in places you never knew you had.
If you have done the above and not felt the pain - my hat's off to ya-your equestrian yoga/stretching regimen must be stellar...........

Last edited:
I agree with the comments about knees being worse. Ask for a skinny horse and correctly adjusted stirrups. One year I did great the first day on a smaller horse, the next I was on a fat one and it felt like each knee had daggers in it.

"I bet you'll be much less sore after a 17 mile ride than you would have been had you hiked that far. Good luck!"

I'll take that bet, along with betting you've never rode 17 miles after not having ridden for years and/or not ridden ever..............
You will find pains in places you never knew you had.
If you have done the above and not felt the pain - my hat's off to ya-your equestrian yoga/stretching regimen must be stellar...........

After climbing 5 miles out of the hell hole that I got myself into yesterday, I'll gladly take the horse.

Make sure your stirrups are adjusted correctly, ocassionally move your legs out of stirrups to flex your legs. Standup slightly occasionally. I had a five plus hour ride last year and we stopped once, you'll probably walking down any steep grades. I had no issues. Good hunting

I'll take that answer as an indication of my winning the bet;)

We owned horses before we moved and I'm building a barn now to get a couple more. I'll let you know next summer whether or not you win the bet. I think I can find a 17 mile ride in the Madisons.

Once again, you just indicated you have yet to attempt this feat, thus I win - people need to work on comprehension skills, geesh.........
petty, I know......

As others have said don't be afraid to walk, especially on the downhills. I did about 45 miles this summer on horses over 3 days and at some points I thought my knees were permanently wrecked but it usually didn't take long for them to feel normal again after hopping off.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back