PEAX Equipment

Son's first Pronghorn

AZ402

My oldest (13yrs) son and I made a quick trip up to Wyoming in hopes of getting him his first goat. With sports and school we had very limited time to make it happen. Luckily, we had help from Buzz. Who I can't thank enough for helping and letting us stay at his house! Buzz and I have hunted with each other multiple times over the years. It has always lead to good results.

Buzz located a neat buck that he wanted us to take a look at. It was right where he said it would be the Thursday before the Saturday opener. Unfortunately we couldn't locate him Friday or Saturday morning. We had seen two other bucks that we would not pass, so we started the search for them.

While looking we glassed another buck that made the cut as well. We set off after him. During the stalk, the buck had moved a little and made us reroute in pursuit. Once we closed the distance, I got Brasen set up to shoot ( I didn't do a very good job). We think his shot skipped off a little rise that I had thought had plenty of clearance. So we moved on and decided to look for our third choice.

We quickly located buck number 3. Brasen and I went in as Buzz hung back to watch. The set up was great. The buck was bedded broadside at 230yds. Brasen made a great shot and was able to take his first pronghorn.

It was a great trip hunting with my Son. Also hanging with Buzz and getting to grab breakfast with another long time Hunt Talk buddy, Oak (Terry). Thanks for catching breakfast with us!

Congrats to both of you. Son got one he'll remember for the rest of his life.

Great Job and Congratulations!
This is what this Forum is about ..helping each other out !
Way to go Buzz ! Still lots of good people out there !!
Ps ..Nice Buck !
My son and I drew for central Mt. It will be our first Antelope hunt ever , we are excited!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crookhunt
Back