Bear attack Wy

Take a look at the awful injuries Chubon recieved in the video attached. Truely gruesome.

https://www.clickorlando.com/news/n...ves-bear-grabbing-him-by-ankles-attacking-him

Some of the comments with these articles strike me as disingenuous. He called 911 and I assume the rescue team took him from the scene or proximity. Should he have gone back after calling 911? Maybe, but with no weapon what could he do? Frankly a 9mm is pretty much useless against a grizzly. I don't recall if the bears were caught in snares and killed while ensnared or were free ranging when euthanized. What do you do with the bears while you wait for the results of DNA testing?

I assume it was the guide's decision to call off the search for the wounded elk and not the client's. Looking for a wounded elk in the dark is even dumber than looking for it in daylight, IMO.

ETA that I was responding to the link and not your comment.

Last edited:
This is a very sad ending for the guide and his family, my condolences to his family. All the Monday morning quarter backing here is ridiculous. Listening to the news reports and thinking they are accurate is BS. One report I heard was a female reporter stating they had CAUGHT a Elk then were attacked. Pure sensationalism and BS. Then the Glock was a 9mm. Was it, who confirmed it?

What I'm saying is let the investigating agency do their job and wait for the results of that investigation. These incidents seem to take on a life of their own and most times do not resemble the actual events.

How would I react if I was in the guides position or the clients? Of course I want to believe I would do the right thing with out hesitation. But in reality none of know for sure how it would play out.

Okay rant over,
Dan

This is a very sad ending for the guide and his family, my condolences to his family. All the Monday morning quarter backing here is ridiculous. Listening to the news reports and thinking they are accurate is BS. One report I heard was a female reporter stating they had CAUGHT a Elk then were attacked. Pure sensationalism and BS. Then the Glock was a 9mm. Was it, who confirmed it?

What I'm saying is let the investigating agency do their job and wait for the results of that investigation. These incidents seem to take on a life of their own and most times do not resemble the actual events.

How would I react if I was in the guides position or the clients? Of course I want to believe I would do the right thing with out hesitation. But in reality none of know for sure how it would play out.

Okay rant over,
Dan

I agree with you on some of this Dan. I went to 3 different news outlets. Three different versions. One getting pulled from horse, one saying they were cleaning the elk and one that he threw the gun and ran. Today's news reference the investigation. Might be the most accurate. That being said, I am sorry for the friends and family of the guide. Horrible situation for sure.

https://ktvq.com/news/local-news/20...can-found-near-wyoming-guide-killed-by-bears/

I believe today in the funeral. From all accounts Wyoming lost one heck of a good guy. I can't imagine what the family is going through but it appears they will have the full support of the community through this. RIP

I believe today in the funeral. From all accounts Wyoming lost one heck of a good guy. I can't imagine what the family is going through but it appears they will have the full support of the community through this. RIP

Over $150k raised so far, in 3 days, by over 1,500 contributors on their GoFundMe page. That's a testament in itself to the man he was, and to what people think of him and his family...

https://billingsgazette.com/news/st...cle_7d745c15-40d0-5cbc-92f3-e1f7b3c2e976.html

No F*#&%ing way I leave my hunting partner in the woods while he is being attacked and run away to "save" myself. "Threw his gun towards the guide fighting for his life and ran??" If I stooped that low I sure as hell wouldn't be telling people about how much of an ALL-TIME coward I was. I find this absolutely unbelievable. This is extremely heartbreaking and sad to read. I cannot imagine what the family and community is going through. Call me an asshole or all talk and how "nobody knows how you handle a situation like that until you are in one" but there is no way in hell I'm leaving that scene. No F'n way. Unfortunately the coward gets to go on with his life while someone lost theirs for his for what? Pathetic.

https://billingsgazette.com/news/st...cle_7d745c15-40d0-5cbc-92f3-e1f7b3c2e976.html

No F*#&%ing way I leave my hunting partner in the woods while he is being attacked and run away to "save" myself. "Threw his gun towards the guide fighting for his life and ran??" If I stooped that low I sure as hell wouldn't be telling people about how much of an ALL-TIME coward I was. I find this absolutely unbelievable. This is extremely heartbreaking and sad to read. I cannot imagine what the family and community is going through. Call me an asshole or all talk and how "nobody knows how you handle a situation like that until you are in one" but there is no way in hell I'm leaving that scene. No F'n way. Unfortunately the coward gets to go on with his life while someone lost theirs for his for what? Pathetic.

This!!

What I find most interesting and scary is the man who survived said he was dragged off the horse he was riding. In all the bear attacks I have read about I don't recall ever hearing of someone being attacked on horse back (excepting the incident in Glacier several years ago - completely dis similar circumstances).

What I find most interesting and scary is the man who survived said he was dragged off the horse he was riding. In all the bear attacks I have read about I don't recall ever hearing of someone being attacked on horse back (excepting the incident in Glacier several years ago - completely dis similar circumstances).

I think it was documented in the Lewis and Clark journals wasn't it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winchester 73
Back