Grizz

Very scary ordeal.Glad he's going to be thanks to his quick thinking friends and great help.

Very fortunate that he made it out of there alive. Kudos to the party for thinking on their toes. However, a tech exec, doctor, and business owner should be able to afford an inreach you'd think. I realize hindsight is 20/20, but I think city people get far too comfortable out here in grizzly country.

Also, there are no fish in the beartooths, even though the article seems to suggest there are.. :rolleyes:

Posted this observation on another thread, but it is amazing that these well-heeled hikers didn't have an emergency signaling device with them (SPOT, InReach, Sat Phone, PLD). They could have gotten help many hours sooner.

Interesting that they didn't mention if WFG was going to trap the bear/s. I think all those wonderful people who sued to stop the grizz hunt should have to spend a week up there.

Interesting that they didn't mention if WFG was going to trap the bear/s. I think all those wonderful people who sued to stop the grizz hunt should have to spend a week up there.

:hump::hump:

Hump Hump all you want tw.
A while back I spent some time with a large group of San Francisco State University Environmental Studies students - the very types that are probably giddy to see the hunt postponed - as they bacpack camped in the Upper Teepee Basin near West Yellowstone. G Bear tracks meandered through their kitchen area and all around their camp - they were enthralled. Bears are so cool....
The vast majority of the public doesn't see the issue the way folks who live with grizzlies, want to hunt them , or believe in the "North American Model" - see it. Most have no opinion on this issue at all - means notta' to them.....

Hump Hump all you want tw.
A while back I spent some time with a large group of San Francisco State University Environmental Studies students - the very types that are probably giddy to see the hunt postponed - as they bacpack camped in the Upper Teepee Basin near West Yellowstone. G Bear tracks meandered through their kitchen area and all around their camp - they were enthralled. Bears are so cool....
The vast majority of the public doesn't see the issue the way folks who live with grizzlies, want to hunt them , or believe in the "North American Model" - see it. Most have no opinion on this issue at all - means notta' to them.....

I was wondering when i was going to get lectured

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back