When things went south.

The best made plans are often cast aside out of necessity. Good job reacting appropriately and pursuing the animal - lots of people would've just moved along and looked for another.

While headed to my stand, I found a bedded whitetail with his leg facing the wrong way. Walked him down in a 8 mile circle by the time it was all said and done. It’s tough, but it’s what right to do. Congrats on a fine animal.

Sounds almost exactly like my antelope hunt last year, no judgy pants here, unfortunately it happens once in a while.

Great story Firedude. That’s the stuff you never forget—complex, messed up problem—-> creative, improvised answer.

Thanks for sharing. You're right, there is not set way to do things for every situation and many times you have to adjust and think outside the box. Great job!

wow a great write up! I was just listening to a podcast saying that people the work the best in tough situations are ones that very well know how to follow and will follow the rules but also understand how to effectively break the rules to accomplish their task. I believe you absolutely fit that mold in this scenario!!!

Back