Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Wyoming Unit 19 Antelope

Wild Bill

Howdy folks,
Say, my dad and I drew Wyoming Unit 19 for antelope as a leftover this year.
I've done a bunch of e-scouting and I've got a handful small pieces of public land marked on OnX figuring they have some goats on it. Also, figured parts of the large chunk of BLM in the NW corner would be worth checking out.
We plan on hunting just public lands and it seems like it might be a pretty tough hunt.
Just checking if anyone had any pointers or tips they'd be wiling to share (unexpected closed roads/gates, places to avoid, etc.)?
Any info would be appreciated.
Thanks, Bill

Lately, I have been spending most of my e-scouting time figuring out which roads are public.

I am prepping for my first WY ‘Lope Hunt with the same concern, I found the following super helpful. Go online and get the county bridge and road map. After getting familiar with it and generating a list of questions call and talk to the Bridge and Roads Superintendent. It settle about 90% of my questions/concerns. There is still 10% confusion in my mind but I can work around that when I get there to scout.

UPDATE: We were able to fill both tags after 10 minutes on opening morning. I would venture to say that we were very lucky doing so. We saw lots of antelope on private and very few on the small pieces of public.
If anyone is considering this unit in the future I would have very tempered expectations and a very eager trigger finger.
All in all, it was a fun public land hunt in some pretty country.
Wyoming never disappoints.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crookhunt
Back