Thread: Knife sharpener

Default Knife sharpener

Any recommendations for an electric unit suitable for hunting knives?

I'll hang up and listen.

Ken Onion Work Sharp
    Fear the beard....

Quote Originally Posted by JLS View Post
    Ken Onion Work Sharp
    Yes
    "Any fool can create a program that is so demanding that it would virtually kill the toughest Marine or hardiest of elite athletes, but not any fool can create a tough program that produces progress without unnecessary pain. ~ Dr. Mel C. Siff

Any comments about..

Chef's Choice Angle Select Model 1520

Quote Originally Posted by JLS View Post
    Ken Onion Work Sharp
    +2.
    "Freedom is NOT Free"

Quote Originally Posted by VikingsGuy View Post
    +2.
    Is it heavy enough that it doesn't move around in operation? Is the basic unit enough or does one need accessories?

Quote Originally Posted by antelopedundee View Post
    Is it heavy enough that it doesn't move around in operation? Is the basic unit enough or does one need accessories?
    The one I have (the generation before the Onion fancy model) is setup so you hold with one hand and draw the knife with the other, so no moving around but is a two handed operation. As for accessories, I added nothing but replaceable belts over the years.
    "Freedom is NOT Free"

I have the pre-onion work sharp too and love it. I give my butchering knives a good run through the sharpener and then hit them with a steel each time I use them and they stay sharp a long time.
    I'm an addict...archery, rifles, shotguns, handguns, muzzleloaders, hunting, fishing, fly fishing..and I don't want rehab

CWEH...Colorado's Worst Elk Hunter 2007-2017 (but I'm still damned sexy) 10 years of consistency!! Taking 2018 off

Thanks for replies.