Caribou Gear

iHunt's Photography Journey

iHunt

Hello Guys! Started dabbing in photography and will post my pictures in here throughout the different seasons in the year! Feedback is always welcome, if you have any tips or suggestions please comment below!

To start with are some pics from the first night with the camera, these are from the truck and on auto focus so they are a little blurry at times. The nature pictures are edited:
DSC_0011.jpgDSC_0018_1.jpgDSC_0040.jpgDSC_0081.jpgIMG_20180904_104246_798.jpgIMG_20180906_115026_114.jpg

Here are a few as I was making arrows for a Wyoming Elk Hunt next week! Manual focusDSC_0153.jpgDSC_0170.jpgDSC_0174.jpg

Nikon D3400 with the 18-55 and the 70-300 lenses, Nothing crazy just enough to get my foot in the door. I kinda think ability will do more than equipment, so I am gonna build up my ability first :). I have been using snapbridge to get my pics sent to my phone, but I dont think the quality transfers very well. May have to go back to the old fashion downloads and uploads.

Here is one I took last year, It was actually with my phone but it turned out great! Obviously edited a little with instagramIMG_20180910_140534_445.jpg

Just got back from an archery elk hunt in Wyoming, will take some time to go through the pictures but sooner or later the good ones will get posted here!

Here are some of the best pictures from the first day! All are original and unedited

DSC_0379.jpgDSC_0387.jpgDSC_0390.jpgDSC_0398.jpgDSC_0403.jpg

I've bought three different digital DSLR's over the years and after the first avoided buying them with the kit lens. They just don't cover enough range usually for me! Example might be you have a blank area in your's between 55mm and 70mm. My favorite is the 18-140 with the 55-300, lot of overlap there, I like that! Tell you something else about equip, check with store's like Adaorama and B&H in NYC and look at their refurbished equip. Since getting my 18-140 lens, that's where I always look first. I got a refurbished D 7000 Nikon soon after Nikon quit making them and it was refurbished. Must have been a demonstrator camera as it only had 72 shutter actuations on it and it was a few hundred dollars less than a new 7200, I think that was 7200 right after the 7000. Everything I bought refurbished has looked brand new to me.

Your right about technique. I see some photo's guy's get with inexpensive lens and it blows my mind. That blur on the longer shot's is probably you trying to hand hold when you really need a tripod. I manage to do that quite a bit. I don't like using the tripod that much but sometime's you just need it! I tried a monopod to not need the tripod, didn't work!

nice.

If you love it, you'll teach yourself.

Last edited:
MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crookhunt
Back