Beer for 8-day Wyoming antelope hunt

I don't mix firearms with drinks. Seen too many people in camp go all Debbie Downer as drink or the next morning. Yes, your ex was a loser and of course I want to hear about it yet another time and yes it has been rainy and the bulls went nocturnal etc. If am with someone in camp that drinks then their gun is put away for the night. No exceptions unless Bigfoot attacks with a 50 cal. I enjoy a drink or two at Holidays and celebrations. Not in camp though and have minimal patience for slurring drunkedness anywhere.

I think everyone is missing the real question to the OP. Why is it taking 8 days for a Wyoming antelope hunt? Get you a 12 pack and knock it and the lope out the first day.
Appreciation for quality hunting is almost on par with that of excellent cold beer. The first day of this 8-day hunt will actually be the 12th day I’ve been in the unit scouting and hunting this year -500+ miles from my house. Lots to see and do, and being adequately hydrated is essential. Even though I consider myself a minimalist- ive decided 60 cans should work.

Attachments

• 2B44E5A4-F4FC-4709-A550-5C000B01B53F.jpg
    2B44E5A4-F4FC-4709-A550-5C000B01B53F.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 437
I don't mix firearms with drinks. Seen too many people in camp go all Debbie Downer as drink or the next morning. Yes, your ex was a loser and of course I want to hear about it yet another time and yes it has been rainy and the bulls went nocturnal etc. If am with someone in camp that drinks then their gun is put away for the night. No exceptions unless Bigfoot attacks with a 50 cal. I enjoy a drink or two at Holidays and celebrations. Not in camp though and have minimal patience for slurring drunkedness anywhere.
You are not welcome in my hunting camp - nor are any of these so called friends you speak of.

I’m smart as a whip about planning my hunting exploits. When hunting with others, I prefer to hunt with Mormans. They’re super friendly, and ALL the beer and coffee are MINE!!

For all you blind sitting Bowhunters- what’s in that Canada Dry bottle in the pic above? Hint, it’s not Canada Dry. :D

Surely you jest.

Guess I should ask how much hunting is going to be involved. Hunting defined as being outside your vehicle w/ rifle and bino and live shells. Is it really going
to take you 8 days to shoot a lope?

I am not a huge drinker, but I like beer, and for me on our trips it seems like the first one back at camp/hotel goes down in about 10 seconds, then 2,3,4 take about half hour all together, then we walk across the street to our bar/eatery and 5,6,7 go down then we eat a burger, then 8 takes a while and we walk back to hotel. so not to sound like a lush but I would plan high, if you think 2 each per day count on 5 atleast. you can always bring it home.... running out would suck..... if theres one thing I don't want to run out of its beer......

I think we have a drinking problem :hump:

Cushman drinks vodka or shine.... :) I only drink "man bun" beer so 4 per day. Bring some crap beer to chug in the heat...12 of those should be enough...

I usually bring whiskey. Don't have to pack as much. No man buns in my camp... uh uhh

Since this is the “Gear” forum, I have to say the YETI 75 may be the go to beer cooler for this adventure.

49D851F7-57C2-4946-B20A-EFF412DD28AA.jpg

we go with 2-3 cans/person/day day for elk camp. there are 4 of us for 7 nights. i'd take more, but we can only fit so much in the panniers. in a truck...different story! and guys (I use that term loosely) with man buns don't drink beer...they nurse it.

I’ve decided this will be my first (as ridiculously stupid as they all are) “live hunt” post..

Enjoy.

One of those beers would be more than enough for me. I have yet to acquire a taste for that flavor and I doubt I will any time soon.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stravic
Back