Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Beer for 8-day Wyoming antelope hunt

William Christy

How much should I take?

How much would you take?

It's the only big question I have at this point. Thanks for your help.

2 cans/day/person should cover it. Unless Cushman comes along....

I worked this out once for a fishing trip, and feel like it should work fine for a hunting trip. Recipe below

18 beer ounces per waking hour per man. Or as they would put it in the metric system, a 30 rack per day per man. Wiggle room allowed for weather, terrain, and/or supplemental whiskey.

Tradewinds is either 14 years old or 84 years old with that answer ;)

We are going with 4 bottles of beer per guy per day, plus a bottle of really good single cask scotch for each guy for a 6 day trip.

All I know is you better bring it. Every Lucky Lil's in MT has a better beer selection than the best liquor store in WY.

Haha...

I think others are spot on, won't need much for day 1, but days 2-8 I'd factor in approximately a bakers dozen per day. Don't forget chasers and shot glasses if your bringing "Man Bun Beers," as mentioned above.

I worked this out once for a fishing trip, and feel like it should work fine for a hunting trip. Recipe below

18 beer ounces per waking hour per man. Or as they would put it in the metric system, a 30 rack per day per man. Wiggle room allowed for weather, terrain, and/or supplemental whiskey.

This^^^^^

I am with you for a fishing trip, but that seems a bit stout for hunting. I suggest we stay clear of your field. ;)

Did a scouting trip a couple of years ago with a friends... he crushed a 30 rack in a day and a half...and apparently saw a lot of 380 class bulls...

2 cans/day/person should cover it. Unless Cushman comes along....

2 cans per day?! Preposterous! Once we're back at camp and done for the day the first beer goes down in about 10 seconds just to get the dust out. A couple more while unwinding, a couple more while cooking dinner then a couple of Jack & Pepsi sitting around the campfire.

I am going on a 6 day hunt with two of my boys. 1 is under age. How much should I take?
Ok never mind. I will answer that myself. A case (24) of prickly pear and a 30 rack of miller lite. I will throw in a bottle of Pendleton in case I need a nightcap or a special celebration is necessary.

8 days... and a antelope hunt to boot... going to need a 12er per day best i can tell.

I am not a huge drinker, but I like beer, and for me on our trips it seems like the first one back at camp/hotel goes down in about 10 seconds, then 2,3,4 take about half hour all together, then we walk across the street to our bar/eatery and 5,6,7 go down then we eat a burger, then 8 takes a while and we walk back to hotel. so not to sound like a lush but I would plan high, if you think 2 each per day count on 5 atleast. you can always bring it home.... running out would suck..... if theres one thing I don't want to run out of its beer......

Back