Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Joining from SW Michigan

Red84

Hello all,

After listening to the podcast and watching the tv shows I figured I had to join the forum as well. Really enjoying it so far.

I am 34, married, with two little girls. They like to go hunting on occasion too. I grew up hunting mostly private land, except for my college years. I have gotten into hunting public land around me the last few years and despite the challenges I have had a lot more fun hunting this way. I made it a goal of mine to hunt other states at least every other year. Just got back from my first dove hunt on public land in Indiana last weekend and had a blast (no dove hunting in MI), and now I am looking forward to pronghorn hunting in Wyoming in a few weeks. When I started to plan a DIY public land elk hunt for 2020, that is when I found Randy Newberg and the wealth of information to follow. I can't wait to see all of the pictures and hear the stories you all have.

Keep us posted on how this years trip goes. No reason to wait till 2020, 2019 is doable if you have the vacation. Quite a few cow hunts that you can fill your freezer with.

Welcome from Schoolcraft/Portage! My wife and I had our wedding reception at the Lawton CC back in 2006. May have run into you down in Indiana Labor Day weekend- if you saw a couple guys running around w/ 3-4 little boys/girl, that was my brother and me. We had two days of great hunting and wound up with a pair of leg bands Saturday. We did a WY speedgoat hunt last year and had a riot, and put an arrow through a great NM public land bull back in 2015. I don't post a ton on here, but have learned tons of stuff from these great guys!

-tom

Oh the community center. I got dragged to prom there a time or two. Nice place. A pair of bands?! Lucky dog.

I wasn't in IN over the Labor Day weekend, we were there a couple days ago. It was a real soaker Saturday and Sunday, we were pretty lonely in our field. I'm sure the kids would've loved the mud. Felt an awful lot like duck hunting, so it worked for us. I plan on doing it again sometime though!

I was class of 2006. Definitely had some good teams but the blue devils always had great basketball teams. This is a great forum. Tons of experienced folks here willing to help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tracker boat
Back