MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Crazy elk hunt

schmalts

Without the 50 pound clunker of a bike, I never would have been able to get the elk out the 5 miles. Weird low land hunt with no trees.5300.jpg5296.jpg5295.jpg20180910_083545.jpg

Great job! Bet you got some looks coming out.
Yea, mostly comments of why didn't they think of that. This place had miles of gravel roads and 2 track to get you close to the wilderness area. I had to pack out 1 mile to get back to the bike. Then the 4 mile bike ride out.

That is awesome Schmalts. Next time your here let me know, I have a hunting cart that attaches to a Mt. Bike that might make the pack out even easier! Congratulations.

Colorado, I'm guessing? That's awesome. Most people won't ever understand what crazy good solutions elk fever drives people to create. Congrats on a nice bull and a creative pack out.

50 pound walmart special. Bought it on craigslist and will give it away when I fly home. Best 150 bucks I ever spent. Put slime in the tires and away I went, but man that seat sucked, I can hardly piss right now.... Need a seat with a cutout for the prostate.

Nicely done. For those who haven't done it, biking with a heavy pack is trickier than it looks.

Nicely done! It seems like I find more and more ways to take my bike hunting in areas just like that. I have done elk on the trailer a few times, which is sweet. One time I packed two antelope in my pack on a bike. It was much faster than walking, but was a rough experience.

Congrats on the bull and the ingenuity!

No kidding and even minimal uphill is impossible.
The biggest problem with the cheapo bike was the high gear ratio. The sandy sections were tricky and I pushed the bike a lot. My buddy borrowed a bike with saddle bags and thats the ticket

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back