Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Mule deer vs. Coues

If you're in Phoenix, there's a lot of spots within 2 hrs to hunt coues. Makes it easier for scouting and learning their patterns. I never ran into a lot of other hunters while bow hunting, even in 21 which gets hammered during rifle season

Didn't mean to be so harsh Guys, Just wanted some respect for the little DEER, not for Me .They are tough to find and in rocky loose shale and gravel and Hillsides and just hard toget to without making noise. Come down in Jan. Full rut 10- 20th of Jan. and beyond. Whole month is good for finding Big Bucks. Take a week and have the time of your life , but bring patience with. Any one want info or advice. I will help You out just ask. They are a blast. You will get hooked..........THANKS BOB!

I am an AZ native and coues junky. I've been fortunate enough to kill a dozen of them or so. With a rifle, finding the one you want to shoot and keeping an eye on it is the hardest part. they can disappear behind something that might not look any bigger than a yoga ball and be gone for good. I've taken 3, 2 of which were out of a ground blind. The country i hunt them in anymore is around 7000' elevation, very steep and brushy. It is hard enough to get within rifle range of them, much less archery range. there are some areas down south that are a lot better for archery hunting and have high populations. In some areas, it isn't uncommon for me to glass up nearly 50 coues a day. where i hunt now in a good day, i might see 6 or 8. lower density equals older age class in my experience, which is why i hunt this type of area. they are very small, extremely wary and blend in with basically every type of terrain the inhabit. Everything to them is a predator and they just seem so turned on all the time.

Back