Max Stealth Issues

bjochem

Figured I would give them a try but can't get them to shoot. Blazers fly great on my Axis with fieldpoints, regular Muzzy 3 blade and regular Thunderheads. 4" feathers shoot great too. Put a broadhead on the 3 fletch Max Stealth and its like throwing a knuckle ball. First tried a stringer helical and then tried more straight. Doesn't matter, still goes low and right. Any thoughts? Every review I read is nothing but positive for the Stealth vanes but I am going back to Blazers for now.

Can you more info on your entire arrow setup? Draw weight?

The reason I ask is because I had a similar experience when I switched to Max Stealth vanes. Long story short, I believe my arrows were under spined. I switched to a stiffer arrow and the Max Stealth vanes work fine.

Do a quick test by dropping your point weight and see how they fly.

Is the group completely erratic? No sense of direction at all? I would drop 2-4 pounds, then see what happens

My setup was similar. Easton FMJ 340, 28.5” with 125 heads. 66-67# draw weight. Try what beagle001 suggested or try dropping point weight if you have access to lighter broadheads and field points.

I've had good luck with the Max Stealth. I settle on fletching them 3 vanes and right helical, but test 3 vane straight, offset and 4 vane straight. I had improved accuracy with broadheads with the right-helical.

Sounds like you're right on the bleeding edge of being underspined.
Weight of 3 fletch Blazers is roughly 18gr whereas the 4 fletch Max Stealths is nearly 37gr. You're doubling the weight on the rear of your arrow. Without adding weight to the front, you're also losing a lot of FOC if that is important to you. Try a heavier practice tip on one of your 3 fletches and see if you get the same low right result. Might not be a problem but check for your vanes contacting your riser/rest as well.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back