Caribou Gear Tarp

Some recent successful UK hunts

devon deer

Got Stephen his first red deer stag, not a huge animal, 8 points, but a great start.
He did a great shot off sticks at 175 yards, I heard the 'thump' of the .308 bullet, the stag fell backwards and it was job done.
The only thing we didn't like was the bullet performance, the ELD-X turned the inside to mush, not a nice thing to deal with!
IMG_20180908_063105021.jpg

This was Russell's first Fallow buck, the .243 did the business, but Sod's law, it ran off, into a goyle and fell into a stream, Russ had pulled the shot a little and hit the liver, I quickly finished it off with a neck shot.
received_234989547186824.jpg

Borrowed my mate's tea urn!
IMG_20180829_173340212.jpg

Last edited:
Congratulations on the successful hunts. Stephens red stag looks like he was in the same field that we filmed that young fallow buck using your spotting scope last year. Great to see that you are having a good season. I was wondering how your year has been going. How has the roebuck rut been this year? Have you been catching any searun trout yet? I bet your buddies are starting to get anxious about your trip to Montana. Best of luck on the rest of your season.

That's cool! I've noticed that a lot of your photos look similar to the countryside here in the Midwestern U.S.

Your deer get a whole lot bigger though..

Have to admit I had to look up "goyle" even though I was pretty sure what you meant! Sod's Law on the other hand, new one to me.

Thanks people, it has been a great hunting year.

Sawtooth, the roe buck rut was a real non-event this year, I did call one in but everybody I know experienced the same as me, it was on and off.
The fishing has been nothing short of a disaster this year!
My mates are getting a little excited about Montana, they are a great bunch of guys.
It was shot about 20 yards away from where Dave N shot his Roe Buck
After we left that farm we went to the farm where you described, nothing seen but when we got back to the truck after dark we had a welcoming committee of an estate manager and neigbouring farmer, they thought we were poachers!
They asked us to wait around as an armed response police unit was on the way to question us, what a joke!
I said I would give them 10 minutes and then leave them to explain to the police why they had wasted their time, they thought about it an called them off, welcome to my world!

LCH, the Fallow was quite big at 130lbs, the stag was fairly small at around 165lb, both dressed out, guts out, head and bottom legs off.

el unit, my wife gets a little annoyed when I boil out my heads in the kitchen, so the tea urn is great!

Hunting wife, I agree, those Fallow are very pretty, although strangely the Fallow where I live are mainly melanistic, the one pictured was north of me by 35 miles.

Dave N, sorry yes, we do use strange words/phrases, and some Americans give me strange looks when I refer to friends as my mates!

Anyway, here is the Fallow Buck boiled out.

Cheers

Richard

IMG_20180902_164118801.jpg

Last edited:
No worries. I have a pretty good grip on what is meant, just have to think about a few now and then! As usual, nice Euro!

The Euro came out great. With all the excitement you had with the neighboring farmer, your hunter will have quite the story to tell his mates when he shares the story of his hunt.

Well done Richard, I’ve not even got going yet, my cold room is still out of action until the 28th sept then I’ll start to let rip!

Sorry Richard, I missed this thread earlier. Great looking animals and nice euro! You on the way to play in MT this year?

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crookhunt
Back