Adak has been a bucket list place for me for awhile now.. I'm excited to hear about your adventure!

I was able to fly back with my caribou + some fish in just my carry-on using a roll top drybag in my packs meat-shelf and my yeti. Total baggage fees for the entire trip were $50 ($25 each way). Big gear winners from the trip were garmin inreach + phone with Onxmaps, solo hunter rifle cover (actually kept my rifle pretty dry while crossing a river in a pack raft), and sea to summit dry bags (brought a down bag on the trip and it never even got damp).

Really appreciate all the info glasseye, bambistew, and others shared with me the last couple of months. Hope everyone can get out there and do a dream trip!

Congrats on a great trip with friends! It looks like you made the most of it and will have stories to tell for years to come.

I will gladly accept the coordinates on the moose as compensation. :D

Looks like a fun wet trip. Too bad you couldn't stay a little longer.

The one on left was legal for a NR... 4 more days and some $$$ and I definitely wouldn't have been able to get home with just 2 check bags.

Great adventure, I can’t wait to get back to AK next year. Thanks for the motivation

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ambushpredator
Back