GPS (never bought one before)

MooseBell

Does anyone have a good recommendation for a GPS? I have never bought/used one before so I am pretty clueless when looking at them online. What are the features I definitely need in a GPS? My price range is $100-$500.

Thank you in advance!

Search the forums for my thoughts, but skip it and juat get the Onx app for you smart phone.

Does anyone have a good recommendation for a GPS? I have never bought/used one before so I am pretty clueless when looking at them online. What are the features I definitely need in a GPS? My price range is $100-$500.

Thank you in advance!

What is/are your hunting style, needs, states to be hunted and how tech savy are you?

Another vote for the phone/OnX combo. OnX has progressed to the point I leave my GPS unit at home all the time now.

ONXmaps and an InReach.

My Garmin 530hcx GPS is a paperweight at home... Or, if still interested in a stand alone GPS unit, I'll sell it to ya for $100.

I love the app also. But I will always have my stand alone GPS with a chip. I think it is more accurate and I can just change the AA batteries. Also once you buy the GPS and the chip you dont have any more money in it. The app only last a year. You do have to pay to update the chip but most public land will be the same every year in my experience.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back