Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

New Season of MeatEater?

AvidIndoorsman

I was scrolling through Netflix last night and the sub-caption on MeatEater said that Season 3 would drop Oct 2.

Given that when Netflix originally aired the show it titled seasons 5 and 6 seasons 1 and 2, I'm wondering if we will get season 7 or the real season 3... or a new season altogether.

I'm interested to see what Rinella is up to sounds like they are continuing to film and the podcast is going strong, but it has been almost 2 years since they have released anything, despite scuttlebutt about a full length film and new episodes.

They have been doing lots of re-runs on one of the sportsman channels.
I had his show on record. And this week a bunch of them started showing up again.
Hadn't seen anything for a few years

I'm curious about this too. I saw on Instagram yesterday that season 7 is "dropping this fall", but it doesn't say though what outlet.

While it’ll be nice to have a “new” season on Netflix that I haven’t watched every episode a dozen times season 7 is certainly not new. It aired in 2016 and as far as I can tell that’s the newest video content they have out. I hope they come out with something soon Meateater was the best hunting show out there (fresh tracks a close 2nd) and Rinella is one of the best representatives for our sport. Unfortunately for those of us who don't listen to podcast (I cant stand them personally) he has faded into the background somewhat. It's confusing why at the height of his popularity right after signing a deal with netflix he would just stop airing episodes.

It's confusing why at the height of his popularity right after signing a deal with netflix he would just stop airing episodes.

I was wondering about this too, my two thoughts:
A. It just takes them a while to make a high quality project and they are focused on making a full length film...
B. They signed a contract with sportsman's for x number of years and are waiting for it to expire before airing new content on a different platform.

Because they are so stylistically different I don't think comparing FT and Meateater is really fair... meateater is super polished, and fresh tracks is DIY and raw.

I was wondering about this too, my two thoughts:
A. It just takes them a while to make a high quality project and they are focused on making a full length film...
B. They signed a contract with sportsman's for x number of years and are waiting for it to expire before airing new content on a different platform.

Because they are so stylistically different I don't think comparing FT and Meateater is really fair... meateater is super polished, and fresh tracks is DIY and raw.

I suspect option B myself. You're right the shows are styled differently and don't get me wrong I love them both. Meateater has that poetic Jack O'Connor/Fred Bear mystical feel to it while FT is much more of a average guy DIY adventure. In this day and age when most hunting shows are unwatchable it's nice to have shows like Meateater and FT that not only are a pleasure to watch but also promote conservation of wildlife and public lands. Our sport can use more Randy's and Steven's.

Ps. Is your avatar a dog in a lobster suit?

Last edited:
I seem to remember reading somewhere that they took a break from the TV show so that Rinella could devote more time to a book project. Between his book about bison, the podcast, and his forthcoming cookbook, plus being a dad, something had to give. Sadly, it was the show. But I heard on one of his podcasts that the show will be back on Sportman's network in October. Hadn't checked to see if it was going to have new episodes on Netflix.

Glad to see it coming back! I enjoy it.

The people who develop sustainable business models usually have most people wondering why they don't expand and do more.

Looks like there are new episodes airing on Oct 2nd on Netflix... the new seasons trailer just dropped... looks like AK moose and caribou, archery mule Deer, and POW deer and another trip down to Guiana. I'm stoked.

Looks like there are new episodes airing on Oct 2nd on Netflix... the new seasons trailer just dropped... looks like AK moose and caribou, archery mule Deer, and POW deer and another trip down to Guiana. I'm stoked.

I couldnt sleep last night and flipped over to Netflix about 3:00am and the season was up.

Tried not to burn them so I can save some for camp next week, but I had to watch the Afognak episode after listening to the podcasts about that trip so many times.

I couldnt sleep last night and flipped over to Netflix about 3:00am and the season was up.

Tried not to burn them so I can save some for camp next week, but I had to watch the Afognak episode after listening to the podcasts about that trip so many times.

Got an email blast from meateater this morning... might have to watch that one during lunch... don't know if I can wait till I get home...

Got an email blast from meateater this morning... might have to watch that one during lunch... don't know if I can wait till I get home...

I have it up at the office right now! I was gonna wait and take my time, but who am I kidding. I will watch them all 100 times anyways on netflix (and VHX/Vimeo still).

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back