ISO new tent

paul.eshelman

Hey guys/gals, I am in search of a new tent for hunting in the high country of colorado. i am not looking for a spike camp/backpacking tent, rather i am looking for a base camp 3 or 4 person tent inside the $250 and under range. I hunt almost all seasons here in colorado so it has to be able to stand up to harsh weather. any input would be greatly appreciated.

I am looking to upgrade my car camping setup as well - looking forward to seeing what people have to suggest here.

Check the outlets on campsaver and rei.
There will be a couple 3 season options.
If you get really bad weather you can put a cheap tarp over it.

I have spent some nights in the high country in an earlier version of this tent. Really like it, but it’s not ultralight. It’s nice to have two doors and vestibules if you have two people.

Marmot Limelight 3

You won't find a new tent capable of 3 person 4-season reliability in CO for $250...you also don't want a 4 season tent in all four seasons...they are heavy and hot...so bang for buck you need a 3 season tent.

It sounds like you're looking for something that can be heavy/bulky (which means less expense $). This would steer me towards a Cabelas tent. They are relatively inexpensive, very large and comfy, stand up to abuse, and have a lifetime warranty. Our sheep camp literally blew away one night in NM in 80-100mph winds. My buddy's Cableas tent survived with only one small rip on a guy line stitch. I couldn't believe it wasn't destroyed...and Cabelas replaced it free of charge.

And if you honestly need up to 4 people while hunting? I highly recommend at least a 6 person tent. No need in being cramped and uncomfortable if its a base camp by the truck.

That leaves you with this...

https://www.cabelas.com/product/cam...las-outback-lodge-tent-x/2437115.uts?slotId=6

I actually own this (or a very similar) model. It is great, I'd buy it again.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back