Yeti GOBOX Collection

Leupold - CDS *IF YOU ORDERED RECENTLY YOU NEED TO READ THIS*

Mallardsx2

I have 3 dial orders in right now.

I called last week and the people at Leopold told me that the machine that lasers in the CDS info went down months ago. They have at least a month of backlog.

So if your thinking about placing your order for the upcoming hunting season you had better be calling them to see if you will even have it in time.

I'm not happy about it. But I'm not alone.

Thanks for the heads up.

They also had a hiccup in their ordering system that wiped out a bunch of orders in in the April/May time frame, so they didn't know what shipped and what didn't. I ordered a dial in early July, one showed up last week. Once i looked at it, i realized is was a duplicate of one I received a couple months ago. I called and they told me they were remaking and shipping all those they lost track of. My recent order was still active but didn't have a ship date. Hoping it will be ready by the time mid October rolls around.

I ordered in early June and checked in on August 24
I hope this is still accurate. Was hoping to have it back and tested by September 20 Wyoming antelope....

"Justin,

I your dial is booked and confirmed. Based on your order date and our current backlog your dial should be finished up and shipping your way in the next 2-3 weeks.

Regards,"

Check out Kenton industries if you really want one made

Had never heard of them before, can make most any scope a simple cds it looks like. Are they generally good about the 3 week timeframe?? Decided to try a different load for my rifle and like it better, so need a new dial asap, might give these guys a try!!!

My last one's delivery was quite tardy. The dials are a big deal to current buyers and a great selling feature...they need to fix this.

I ordered in early June and checked in on August 24
I hope this is still accurate. Was hoping to have it back and tested by September 20 Wyoming antelope....

"Justin,

I your dial is booked and confirmed. Based on your order date and our current backlog your dial should be finished up and shipping your way in the next 2-3 weeks.

Regards,"

I did the same thing. Ordered mine in late June and when I submitted mine it said it would take 8 weeks. I called in Mid August and was told mine would be here in Mid/Late- September.

Dad and I ordered ours June 26, and I sent an email a couple weeks ago to check. I was told pretty much the same thing.

I called last week and the guy in the custom shop said they were working on dials from eight weeks earlier. I guess I'll make a chart

I ordered mine July 3rd and got an email that said it would be sent out by the end of this week. Looks like 8 weeks is about right.

My last one took three months to the day to get here. Received it Wednesday. When I called they said one of their two laser etching machines kicked the bucket, so they were sharing one machine between them and the custom shop. They had two more new machines on order but those take a little time to get installed and set up. I was told they were running 12-14 weeks turnaround when I spoke to them. Best of luck to all who are waiting. I know it is a bummer but the folks at Leupold are doing all they can to remedy the situation. Some things are just out of our control. My bet is that they don't let this happen again. I know our machines at work run about $45,000.00 each and they are by no means the most powerful or top of the line. When they lay down on us, the sure do lay down and it takes a bit to get them serviced. Our last repair (last month) brought in a service rep from 1100 miles away and we had to pay travel, hotel, meals and lodging on top of parts and labor... at the government and prevailing wage rate since we are DOD.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajjones
Back