Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Warmer Sleeping Bag

I’m interested to hear if any of you with the WM mummy bags are side sleepers. If so, how well do they accommodate sleeping on one’s side? I’m looking to buy a WM bag but am unsure on mummy or semi rec for shape. I’m 6’0” and 200#.

I'm not seeing that you answered if you were sleeping on a pad. I know that my 20 degree pad will be perfectly warm if I have an insulated sleeping pad, but I'll freeze if I don't have one.

I have had great luck with bag liners mine was cheap ways just over 1/2 pound and if temps are going to be in the 30s or less i use it in my 20 degree down bag. It does take up space and adds weight but the comfort is worth it. I also agree that a good ground pad is necessary.

I’m interested to hear if any of you with the WM mummy bags are side sleepers. If so, how well do they accommodate sleeping on one’s side? I’m looking to buy a WM bag but am unsure on mummy or semi rec for shape. I’m 6’0” and 200#.

I have a mummy bag and a neolite xtherm... I sleep on my side with now issues although sometimes my neck gets sore even with a pillow... but I'm 6' 150# so there might be a volume of bag/width of shoulders component at play as well.

I have a big Agnes Beryl sl 0 that weighs 2 lb 14 oz and a big Agnes two track that weighs 1 lb 12 oz. This is not UL gear by today's standards but not bad either. I'm a very cold natured person, like a petite woman, and this works well for me down to 20° or so with very little clothing. Sometimes I throw in some hot hands before getting in but it's probably not recommended or needed. Another feature I like about this system is the pad slips in a sleeve attached to the bag so you aren't sliding off it it all the time.

But if it's super $ upgrade time, there's better stuff I'm sure.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gcporteous
Back