Rifle sling

I use a leather Montana sling and a Quaker claw sling. I like them both!

I won't have a rifle or shotgun without a Browning X-Cellerator sling on it.

Slogan sling (slogan outdoors) Get the ultra flex, it's rubber and won't slide off your shoulder. It also has a lifetime guarantee. I have tried numerous, but got this one about six years ago. It's a keeper.

willm- Have you tried the one listed in the post above yours? I use it in conjunction with my Kifaru Gunbearer. Both indispensable for me.

I have not used the Montana gun sling, but 2 that look similar... not claiming they were of equivalent quality. I primarily back pack hunt and switch my sling between my shot gun and rifle so my sling is in the snow and rain (this past week it was in and out of a packraft in Alaska and in the rain for several days straight on Adak) and sitting for hours in the bottom of a canoe and eventually the leather rots and rips through (both times in 3 months or less). Twice I had my rifle fall backwards off my should and dig barrel first in the mud requiring me to pack it in for the day... so even though Montana slings might be super burly I would carry my rifle in my hands before I trust a leather sling again.

And yeah I realize you need to care for leather, but after oiling my boots, drying out a tent, bag, pad, cleaning game bags, cleaning a rifle, etc. I don't have time for another product that needs regular maintenance to work properly.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mthunter137
Back