Caribou Gear Tarp

Wyoming non-res youth pref. pt. age

Brittany Chukarman

I thought I was out of kids to mentor but not just yet. My great niece was with her dad today on a deer bow kill and she's all in. I want to start planning a Wyo antelope hunt for her now while I still have the legs. She's 11 now but will be 12 before next season so we could possibly do it next year. My question is can I get her a preference point now to use in 2019 or later with her being 11 years old now. I can't find that info in the regs and will call if no one here has the answer.

Double check, I think it depends on when they turn 12. I had in my head it was the same requirements as purchasing a license. I could be wrong though, I hope I am.

https://wgfd.wyo.gov/elsapplication/docs/preferencepoint.htm
A youth applicant wanting to be awarded preference points must be at least eleven (11) years old at the time of submitting an application for a big game limited quota license in the initial drawing and must be at least twelve (12) years old when in the field hunting.

A youth applicant wanting to purchase preference points only must be at least eleven (11) years old at the time of submitting a preference point only application and must be at least twelve (12) years old by December 31 of that year.

No problem, my son is 7 and daughter is 4 so I been thinking of the future as well.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back