Mystery Ranch

Brian in Montana

Had my first hands-on examination of MR packs today at Bob Wards. I gotta say I was really impressed with the design. Lots of the newer, trendier, expensive stuff that comes down the pipe I view with suspicion and am usually not that convinced. This looks like a very good design of hunting pack. I may save up and invest in one, probably for next year.

FYI, scheels has all mystery ranch products 25% off. The sale is online too. So it might be worth buying one on sale now than full price next year!

Last edited by a moderator:
GoHunt and CampFire have them on sale occasionally. Also since they are so bombproof they are a pretty safe bet to buy used.

I can attest to them being bulletproof. I have 1 particular bag (3 day assault pack) that I have used on 3 deployments and it is still in great shape. I don’t just mean that I carried it around. I have abused it in every way imaginable. From carrying 60-80+ pounds in it over and over to using it as a pillow on mountiounous rocks in Afghanistan many nights. Not a single broken stitch, broken zipper or wear hole in it. I was issued a new Coyote tan one but I couldn’t replace my old green one because it had served me so well. So if it’s a 3 day assault pack you are looking for, I’ll sell it for exactly 1/2 retail plus shipping. lol I have 4 of them (2 of a carrier style that we would carry the robot in) and they are all top quality!

I got a Metcalf to use this hunting season and its been the real deal. Didn't know what I was missing until using it. It took a little getting used to all the straps and such but once you get your system dialed they're really nice. It's really nice they can double as a weeklong pack and a day pack and then haul your meat. If I had any meat to haul, but that's another matter...

Yeah I bought a Metcalf a couple weeks ago. I just got in from packing my first elk in it. I'd have to say its as good as advertised.

I'm pretty worn out, though.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back