Caribou Gear

Mystery Ranch

Brian in Montana

Had my first hands-on examination of MR packs today at Bob Wards. I gotta say I was really impressed with the design. Lots of the newer, trendier, expensive stuff that comes down the pipe I view with suspicion and am usually not that convinced. This looks like a very good design of hunting pack. I may save up and invest in one, probably for next year.

FYI, scheels has all mystery ranch products 25% off. The sale is online too. So it might be worth buying one on sale now than full price next year!

Last edited by a moderator:
GoHunt and CampFire have them on sale occasionally. Also since they are so bombproof they are a pretty safe bet to buy used.

I can attest to them being bulletproof. I have 1 particular bag (3 day assault pack) that I have used on 3 deployments and it is still in great shape. I don’t just mean that I carried it around. I have abused it in every way imaginable. From carrying 60-80+ pounds in it over and over to using it as a pillow on mountiounous rocks in Afghanistan many nights. Not a single broken stitch, broken zipper or wear hole in it. I was issued a new Coyote tan one but I couldn’t replace my old green one because it had served me so well. So if it’s a 3 day assault pack you are looking for, I’ll sell it for exactly 1/2 retail plus shipping. lol I have 4 of them (2 of a carrier style that we would carry the robot in) and they are all top quality!

I got a Metcalf to use this hunting season and its been the real deal. Didn't know what I was missing until using it. It took a little getting used to all the straps and such but once you get your system dialed they're really nice. It's really nice they can double as a weeklong pack and a day pack and then haul your meat. If I had any meat to haul, but that's another matter...

Yeah I bought a Metcalf a couple weeks ago. I just got in from packing my first elk in it. I'd have to say its as good as advertised.

I'm pretty worn out, though.

Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back