PEAX Equipment

Gaiters

SFN2821

Debating between Kenetrek Hunting Gaiters and First Lite Bramblers. Anyone able to share experiences with these?

I have the Kenetrek camo gaiters. There fine and have the right idea with the wide Velcro up the front.
Some zip up in the back, that sucks, very hard to twist around to zip them when your in heavy winter clothing .
There water proof so when you step in to water JUST above your boots If your fast you won't get water in them.
There a little hot in the summer but are nice to keep the junk out of your lower cut boots.
Do I recommend them? Kinda, there very good but $$$ It's hard to justify $65 bucks in my mind. Maybe there is similar brand for less money.
By the way I have had mine for 12 years and there still just as good as the day I got them , All but winter I use them at least once a week.
In the winter I have white ones ,different brand that I would NOT recommend them.

I like my Kennetrek gaiters however I don't know if I got a fluke pair but the first time out with mine when it was wet, they were not waterproof at all. It was a pretty easy fix once I did a wash in DWR (Durable Water Repellent) treatment.

I have a pair of very simple Cabelas gaiters I bought with about $40 worth of cabelas points. They actually work very well. Just saying.

I have a pair of OR Rocky Mountain gaiters that I've used for over 10 years. Never had an issue with them other than missing the heck out them on a couple trips where I forgot them.

I’ve got sort of giant calves, and the Kenetreks fit with no problem. Had some fit problems with OR gaiters in the past. Something to consider if you’re of the big calf variety.

I've had Kenetrek gaiters and the strap came apart. I've switched to KUIU's which fit your legs perfectly. If you got with or have Kenetrek's have the straps sewed!

I went through a couple pairs of kenetrek gaiters. They were ok, but in really wet conditions they eventually would leak and take forever to dry once they were soaked. Bought a pair of OR crocodile expeditions, they are a great product. Always keep me dry no matter what and dry extremely fast. Way more durable for abrasions also. Far better than kenetrek in my opinion. Never tried first lite so can’t help there

Outdoor research has a lifetime guarantee on their gear. Anything happens, they will take them back. Crocodiles are great. Just not camo.

Outdoor research has a lifetime guarantee on their gear. Anything happens, they will take them back. Crocodiles are great. Just not camo.

They actually make them in multi-cam if you can find them...a little spendy though.

Don’t have a lot of time in the but I like my Kuiu Yukon gaiters.

No experience with Kenetrek but I had a pair of KUIU Yukons a few years back. They ripped on day 1 of scouting for an elk hunt. Sent them back and got the First Lite ones. They have held up great with no issues

I've used a number of different brands. OR seem to last the longest, but even then I only get 2 seasons out of a pair, most don't make it one season. The brush and rocks are hard on them, especially the stitching on the front that holds the velcro on. Thats the first failure point. All others of similar construction fail in the same place. I've seen 2x pair of Kentreks fail halfway through a 10 day sheep hunt, just the stirrup, but they don't last in the rocks.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back