MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Hornady Interbond bullets?

DRS

Any one have any experience with these bullets. I was thinking of trying some in 30 cal. 165 and 180 grains in a new rifle I just purchased.

I've used them in 30-06 (165's) and 338 WM (225's) and like them a lot. They used to be less expensive than the Accubonds from Nosler and they grouped well in both guns I used them in. Terminal performance was good on the animals I shot with them.

I used to use them in my 7mmRemMag before I discovered Factory Seconds Accubonds. Good bullet that performed as advertised on the few mule deer and antelope I shot them with.

Can't go wrong with either though I'd lean toward the 180s.

I have used the Hornady Interbond in both my 270 and 30-06 for elk. The bullets have preformed very well on one bull and three cows. I am not pleased with Hornady and their decision to limit production of these fine bullets. I think they are now chasing a different group of shooters (long-range shooters) and have left the interbonds on the marketing curb. They are fine bullets but I am switching to the Nosler products that are more geared towards elk hunters.

They are fantastic bullets and have been one I used to use almost exclusively.
They became hard to find years ago and I don't believe they are regularly produced enough to have a stable supply.
The ELD-X bullets have pushed them to the bottom of the list at Hornady manufacturing.

The A-Max is very similar and easier to get. Though they are a match grade bullet, I have used them with great success on game. They penetrate deep but the expansion is not as large as most hunting bullets.

Last edited:
I really wanted to try them in my 7-08 but they seem to have quit making them in 139grn. I think the next step up in 7mm is 164grn. Could be wrong about that.

Trying to find a reliable supply may be easier thought than done. Hornady seems to have headed a different direction with their bullet line up in the past few years. As mentioned earlier, with Nosler 2nds more available and at a reasonable price I see no advantage to pursuing the Hornady product line.

they are a great bullet, unfortunately the Interbond is now a limited production item. i have 10 left in 165gr. for my 30-06. The bullet does perform well from what i've seen, unfortunately i've never been able to recover one yet.

Trying to find a reliable supply may be easier thought than done. Hornady seems to have headed a different direction with their bullet line up in the past few years. As mentioned earlier, with Nosler 2nds more available and at a reasonable price I see no advantage to pursuing the Hornady product line.

Well I looked into taking your advice but as best I can tell on the nosler website they are sold out of 165 and 180 grain accubonds in 30 cal.

I load the 139s for daughters 7mm-08. Have had good results on deer and bear. SSTs work on deer, but fragment bad. AMAX is a paper target bullet and Hornady doesn't recommend them on game.

As others have said, stout bullet, irregular supply.

150 grain are my go to bullet on my 270 WSM. They punch elk shoulders no problem.

Out of about 6 elk and 4 deer, I've recovered two bullets. They were from a small 6 point bull that was shot at 80 yards through both shoulders. Both bullets were under the hide on the far side, and were about 50% weight retention.

I procured a few hundred of them, so I should be good for a while.

I think I have some .308 165 grain that do not shoot well in any rifle I've tried them in....bad batch maybe?

I like Hornady bullet's, been using them a lot of years. I don't believe a premium bullet will do anything a well placed cup and core won't do equally well! I have heard from a lot of people on the internet that swear by premium bullet's. Most of them have never tried anything else or quit on a bullet that never failed them,I don't understand that. One of the best bullet's I ever used was the Speer Hot Core. Maintained weight as well as Hornady's but not quite as accurate in all my guns. And the difference in accuracy only matter meuch as a young man that really didn't know better. What difference does an eight inch in group actually mean in a hunting rifle! DUH. I'm back to shooting those Hot Cores i my 6.5x55 and I'm pretty sure I know what to expect! There will be no problems! People using premium bullet's are quick to point out to me that Hot Cores are not bonded. OK but they do exactly the same thing as bonded bullet's and don't need the plastic tip and they are about half the price!

My elk rifle is a 30-06 that I use 180gr Hornady inter lock's in and the 6.5x55 is my backup using 140gr Hot Cores. I've killed three elk with three shots with my 6.5x06 using 140gr Hornady inter locks. How much more bullet do I need?

I like Hornady bullet's, been using them a lot of years. I don't believe a premium bullet will do anything a well placed cup and core won't do equally well! I have heard from a lot of people on the internet that swear by premium bullet's. Most of them have never tried anything else or quit on a bullet that never failed them,I don't understand that. One of the best bullet's I ever used was the Speer Hot Core. Maintained weight as well as Hornady's but not quite as accurate in all my guns. And the difference in accuracy only matter meuch as a young man that really didn't know better. What difference does an eight inch in group actually mean in a hunting rifle! DUH. I'm back to shooting those Hot Cores i my 6.5x55 and I'm pretty sure I know what to expect! There will be no problems! People using premium bullet's are quick to point out to me that Hot Cores are not bonded. OK but they do exactly the same thing as bonded bullet's and don't need the plastic tip and they are about half the price!

My elk rifle is a 30-06 that I use 180gr Hornady inter lock's in and the 6.5x55 is my backup using 140gr Hot Cores. I've killed three elk with three shots with my 6.5x06 using 140gr Hornady inter locks. How much more bullet do I need?

Some of us shoot cartridges that aren't suited for cup and core bullets. Never quite understood where "premium" came from. mtmuley

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back