PEAX Equipment

Beer - WY Unit 9 Lusk

VikingsGuy

Any of you going to be in Lusk area Sept 30-Oct 6? Might be fun to grab a beer one night, first round on me.

I'll be almost 3 hours west of you, same time frame. If I was closer we could get together, have a beer and discuss how the vikings got to 4-0. :D

I'll only be there in spirit but I'd recommend the Pub. Best burgers in town too. Just don't wear your hunting clothes the smoke gets a bit thick there or in the Silver Dollar.

The local Elks club in Lusk holds a hunters dinner the night before opener. Good time and and some very good raffles.

The local Elks club in Lusk holds a hunters dinner the night before opener. Good time and and some very good raffles.

This sounds like a great way to meet some landowners and perhaps gain some access.

If you tag out early, it may be worth the drive to hit the Pizza Barn in Newcastle. 1hr drive, or so, but you'll not regret it.

I hunt the Lusk area every year. To me, the town is not overcrowded during hunting season. Probably because its mainly private land hunting units in the area. I'm sure it is over-crowded to the locals. They raise the motel and gas prices during hunting season. But in general, they are very old-fashioned friendly in Lusk. Hunting season brings money into this little town. The Outpost Dinner on the south end of town has really good breakfast burritos.

Last edited:
I hunt the Lusk area every year. To me, the town is not overcrowded during hunting season. Probably because its mainly private land hunting units in the area. I'm sure it is over-crowded to the locals. They raise the motel and gas prices during hunting season. But in general, they are very old-fashioned friendly in Lusk. Hunting season brings money into this little town. The Outpost Dinner on the south end of town has really good breakfast burritos.

I'm a fan of the outpost special. Hashbrowns, eggs and sausage gravy. Nothing says healthy like egg yolk bubbling up through sausage gravy. Seriously though, the outpost is the best bang for your buck.

Great tips - keep'em coming. At this point, Trigger may be the only one in range to take me up on the beer, but the offer is still open to those in the area :) Definitely going to check out the Elks event and the breakfast burritos - will see about Newcastle, we got 8 tags between the 3 of us so may take a few days for us western newbies.

The Lusk game processor is a cool place to stop in and check out all the game animals being brought in. Alot of them are just laying out for people to see. The local Game Warden likes to hang out there too! Haha. Deckers, the local grocery store, leaves alot to be desired. Their meats aren't very good.

Last edited:
+1 on the Manville trucks stop. Check out their impressive elk mounts, I think they were in a back room if I recall correctly.

Also for anyone wanting to camp the folks at the campground were very nice and accommodating. It's right in town of Lusk and privately owned.

The meat pile on the driveway of the game processor was incredible, just wouldn't want my dinner laying there with the hide on it for that many hours while they wait to get to them all.

Is opening week going to mean endless lines in a small town?

I ran out to Cody last year to scout a new unit for some friends during the eclipse.

Lusk was a zoo.

The line at the corner gas station was ridiculous. I gave up and gambled I could make it to Orin Jctn.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crookhunt
Back