What's in Mrs. Fin's oven?

Nate Mode

Randy, I need to make some room in the freezer and have some old bear meat taking up space. After taking that beautiful Alaskan black bear this spring do you have a favorite family bear recipe that you could share? Maybe Mrs. Fin's specialty?

I'm in charge of the wild game cooking, much to the detriment of our table fare.

I've tried many times to roast recipes that are designed for elk or beef, all with varies results; variation mostly a function of the chef.

I've made chili with bear meat with great success if you have a cut that you want to grind or cube up. Can't beat treating it like pork shoulder and making pulled bear tacos either.

I hear ya Randy. My wife typically passes on the game cooking as well.

Please pm me your addresses for those who'd like bear meat in the spring.....I'm sure Greenhorn would be willing to share some of his as well.

I usually look in the freezer and have to decide between elk, antelope, deer, or bear. not a tough choice unless guest are coming over that you don't like.

Surprise!

Guess what you are eating?!?

Where is Gerald Martin? That shredded bear recipe he had was out of this world.

IME, adding some heat/vinegar flavor to bear is really good. I add Jalapenos a to just about any bear slow cook.

I like to marinade it with Moore's Marinade, throw it on the grill. After flipping it at least once, put some Tony Chachere original on it, and grill until completely done. That's my favorite anyway. The wife said that she like that better than most wild game.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back