Pot Stocks

MTGomer

I’ve done pretty well the last couple weeks swing trading Canopy Growth and the Cronos Group. Just thought I’d throw that out there for others to think about.

This is one of the fastest growing industries and there are several different stocks a person can invest in.

I’ve done pretty well the last couple weeks swing trading Canopy Growth and the Cronos Group. Just thought I’d throw that out there for others to think about.

This is one of the fastest growing industries and there are several different stocks a person can invest in.

I think the pro's call this tactic pump and dump. The arm chair potheads call it puff and stuff.:cool:

I've been doing really well on Canopy Growth as well, thinking more long term though. It's a emerging market about to explode, even with the elf child Sessions at the wheel! People should be investing! Corona signing on for billions set it on fire!!

Totally naive to stock trading. What trading sites are you guys using and why?

I’ve just been doing this on robinhood which is an app with no trade fees.

There are sites that cost money such as trade station but they have a lot of analytic tools. RH is pretty basic.

I’m really new to the whole thing myself, aside from IRA, 401k etc

I've dabbled since I have a good friend in the industry. His most important advice has been which of the publically traded MJ firms are 'real' and which are just shady enterprises who's only 'product' is the stock of the company. I've found that the ratio of 'fake' companies is very high and it got to be a lot of work to sort it out, so I've returned to AMZN/AAPL, et al :)

Hard to beat QQQ for safety and growth in the last 6 months. I owned some pot stocks for a while but got uneasy. Lots of pump and dump going on because the companies are so small. Not that it’s a bad opportunity, just risky.

My IRA and Roth IRA accounts are with Fidelity. I almost bought a bunch of Amazon about 12 to 13 years ago when it was trading at $40 a share. If I bought and held, I would be set for a nice retirement. Hindsight is 20-20, particularly when it comes to buying and selling stocks.

Investing in pot stocks? No thanks.:)

If things aren't looking so good in 2020 for Trump, watch for him to make a loud and repeated declaration that he would support a bill to decriminalize/legalize. It's an ace in the hole he has at his disposal that is supported by over 60% of Americans. Then the real discussion around Cheeto stocks begins...

Last edited:
If things aren't looking so good in 2020 for Trump, watch for him to make a loud and repeated declaration that he would support a bill to decriminalize/legalize. It's an ace in the hole he has at his disposal that is supported by over 60% of Americans. Then the real discussion around Cheeto stocks begins...

Cheetos... Funyuns... Dominos Pizza... Blue Bell Ice Cream... Cool Ranch Doritos... so many growth markets will emerge, then get tired and take a nap.

I think some people in this thread should look up what swing trading is. IE: it’s not buy, hold and look away for 30 years then retire. It is not passive investing like your IRA/401k is

My IRA and Roth IRA accounts are with Fidelity. I almost bought a bunch of Amazon about 12 to 13 years ago when it was trading at $40 a share. If I bought and held, I would be set for a nice retirement. Hindsight is 20-20,

I always think... how much more could google, amazon, Apple etc possibly continue to grow. Quarter after quarter they keep saying ‘more’. It’s incredible.

I think some people in this thread should look up what swing trading is. IE: it’s not buy, hold and look away for 30 years then retire. It is not passive investing like your IRA/401k is

I looked it up and it's what I thought it was, basically day trading/ gambling.:p

I've been watching this one BLOZF. Supposedly they're working on a marijuana breathalyzer device. Great idea but doesn't seem to be going anywhere.

Interesting - I didn't know 0 fee trading existed. Going to throw a few bucks in there and see what I can do. Better than playing the slots!

I always think... how much more could google, amazon, Apple etc possibly continue to grow. Quarter after quarter they keep saying ‘more’. It’s incredible.

I day traded amazon and apple for a while back in the day... but I missed out on enough spikes that I just decided to stay long term, it's working out pretty good so far. I've moved on the solar industry for the day stuff.

Back