Black bear, Matachewan, Ontario

djlax

Hello everyone, last week I had an awesome experience in Ontario on a black bear hunt with Golden Eagle Camp outfitters in Matachewan. We were all successful, 3/3. There's also great fishing on the Montreal River, which is right off the front porch of the cabin - I caught a 3.5 smallmouth on an ultralight w/ 6 lb. test, great fun. I shot this bear with a .35 Marlin, my first black bear. Next time I plan to use my bow.

Crossed the border in Detroit - the Canadian border guards did an extensive search of my truck and trailer and the whole ordeal took about 1 hr. We had all the proper paperwork. They were respectful, but it took a lot more time than we planned. We returned to the US through the northern bridge at Port Huron / Blue Water Bridge. US Customs looked at our bear tags & export license - casually asked about the rifles, but didn't ask for any of the paperwork. Whole ordeal took about 5 minutes and we never got out of the truck. It was pouring rain, so I think that helped...

-Jason

Attachments

• IMG_1209.jpg
    IMG_1209.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 96
Congrats. Yeah need a guide to hunt Ontario but not horribly expensive. Back when I crossed the border I also got mugged by the Canadian customs Nazis each time. Of course I wasn't hunting bear. I was 19 and looking to tip bottles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mthunter137
Back