PEAX Equipment

New stock

NDMuley

The new Bell and Carlson stock and Swagger bipod mounted on the 270 Tika.
20180823_164558.jpg

I was thinking of getting one with the colors flipped from yours. Good looking stock.

I have a Tikka T3X lite SS also in a 6.5 CM, it shoots good but don't like the stock. Been doing a lot of reading and the other day I ordered a bottom metal from high desert outdoors yesterday to get away the Tikka plastic trigger guard. That not being enough, today I called Bell and Carlson and ordered the Tikka sporter in the exact same color (#22). I can't wait for everything to come in so I can see how it improves the rifle. I have not gotten into bi-pods as I generally hunt from a blind.
I started this as a dinosaur, never owning a stainless steel or composite (plastic) stocked rifle not to mention falling into the 6.5 cm craze.
Let us know if your shooting improves, looks like a great setup.

I like the stock, have one on my Mauser.

The bipod looks wierd though. Kinda reminds me of a pump up pellet gun.

According to the Bell & Carlson Info/propaganda the stock wieghs 2-2.25 lbs. I weighed my factory Tikka stock a while back and according to some old WW scales in the shop it weighed 2.0 lbs hard to believe but as I said the scales were old.

According to the Bell & Carlson Info/propaganda the stock wieghs 2-2.25 lbs. I weighed my factory Tikka stock a while back and according to some old WW scales in the shop it weighed 2.0 lbs hard to believe but as I said the scales were old.

Great, thanks for that info!

Ive been looking at a bell and carlson for my tikka t3x lite 30.06, but i also want to add weight to it. So does your 270 feel any heavier after swapping the stock?

If anything I have always thought the front end was heavy, and having always had wood stocks this is unusual. Wile the weight may be near the same I can add weight to the back end by means of a shell carrier I suppose. I am just optimistic to have a solid stock got my bottom metal in yesterday from High Desert Research. Stock should be in Monday sorry Muley for hi-jacking your post.

Very nice. I got the medalist stock for my Tikka and like the feel of that way more than the factory stock. I'd echo dbone's comment about it adding a half pound or so.

I put a B&C sporter stock, same coloring, on my Savage 116. Huge improvement in feel and accuracy over the Savage stock, which was a cheap, flimsy, pool noodle of a stock (not their Accustock.) After shooting a couple times, I decided that bedding the action might improve things, so, a few YouTube videos and an Amazon order later, I took my Dremel to my brand new $250 stock. Couldn't be happier with the results. The bed job came out great, it now shoots bug holes at 100 yds, and ~1.5" at 400 yds. Very happy with how everything has worked out.

So I got my stock in today and after a little bit of sanding, the stock slipped like a glove I removed it flipped the stock and installed the High Desert Research bottom metal. Just a little more sanding and its together. Tightened the actin screws to 40 inch pounds and I'm through. I love so far, plan on shooting it in this week and I will report back later.

Tikka with Bell Carlson Stock 1.jpgTikka with Bell Carlson Stock 2.jpg

By the way I weighed the factory stock 2.00 lbs., Bell & Carlson by itself 2.25 gun with factory stock and scope 8.25 lbs., after installing the Bell & Carlson stock 8.45 pounds

Last edited:
IT DID GOOD!!! Bought a box of Hornady match 140 grain, box of Nosler BT 140 grain, and a box of Precision Hunter 143 grain. I sighted in with the match, see the last three shots. Tried the Nosler, It was ok, not great, then shot the Precision Hunter. Below is the Match and PH targets.sight in with hornady match 6.5cm.jpg

Attachments

• Hornady Precision Hunter 6.5.jpg
    Hornady Precision Hunter 6.5.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rimfire45
Back