Pillow?

I use that same exact pillow, just bought it last fall and dont know what I did without it. I used to use a fleece pillow case my wife made me and stuff my clothes in it. It worked but not as good as the air pillow. I now use the stuff sack and my clothes as a pillow between my knees (I am a side sleeper) this helps with my hips and lower back. If you dont do this at home try it amazing!

I’ve tried a few different ones and my favorite by far is the Nemo Fillo. It’s a little bulky if you looking at going ultralight, but I get a sore neck in the morning if I don’t have something comfortable to sleep on so I bring it anyway.

I tried using an inflatable pillow because I had back problems but it's really very uncomfortable and I don't even know what to do. I tried a lot of different pillows and in the end I realized that it is most convenient to use pillows like the LINENSPA Shredded Foam Pillow. a comfortable pillow and my wife used it while reading. I tried taking this pillow with me while fishing and after that my back didn't hurt at all. So it is really a very comfortable pillow. You can read more about these pillows at https://ladi6.com/husband-pillows/.

Last edited:
For Sea to Summit-ers. Is the down topped one worth it or does the standard Aeros get it done?
If I was to get one with down I would just get a down cover for the pillow like what goosefeet gear sells.

For Sea to Summit-ers. Is the down topped one worth it or does the standard Aeros get it done?
I have the Aeros Premium, used it for 5 years? Only complaint is it tends to slide around on your pad, but it’s narrow so you can put it in the hood of your bag and that solves the issue.

My wife didn’t have a pillow so I recently got a new one and gave her the Aeros. I upgraded to the Nemo fillo elite luxury, so far I really like its wider which I like, not quite a tall, packs down same size or smaller.

Don't have the down one, but the premium regular size one has some sort of plastic air bladder inside a sewn up cover that is pretty well flocked and is comfortable. I air it down a bit, it has a press valve that makes it easy, and it fits inside the hood of my mummy bag. (Design has been updated since I bought this one, not sure what's changed)

*edit Apparently they now supply some self adhesive velcro to keep it from sliding around your pad. Seems like a good idea. I've used a spare compression strap to hold it in place on my pad. I've also thought about buying a woman's tube top to stretch around both and keep it from shifting. /shrug

20200831_093624.jpg

Last edited:
I ended grabbing a NEMO fillo off REI used. Slept with it last night. It was definitely worth it. I can't wait to use it in Sept.

I did the clothes in a stuff sack thing from backpacking trip with my parents till ~2016... Like @Mtnhuntr never going back.

Also if you are backpack hunting you may not have any extra clothes to put in a stuff sack...

It’s a great point. I found on late-season hunts I no longer had a pillow, plus these pillows are so light and so much more comfortable.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fishing-Moka
Back