28 Nosler Ammo help

sheff

I can't seem to find 28 Nosler ammo anywhere. anyone have any ideas on who might have it? Looking for Nosler 160 grain Accubond but at this stage I can't be picky.

Sheff

As far as I know most sources are sold out of both loaded ammo and brass. If you have brass, I strongly suggest getting into reloading today because I think ammo will be backordered for awhile.

As far as I know most sources are sold out of both loaded ammo and brass. If you have brass, I strongly suggest getting into reloading today because I think ammo will be backordered for awhile.

I've run into a similar situation with my 26 Nosler, I can find ammo but its $75+ a box and I'm too cheap for that so I've got about 80 cases and a set of dies for when my loaded ammo runs out

I don't have any brass either so I prefer loaded rounds and then I can reload those. At this point, I may have to take whatever I get. I knew it would be an issue when I purchased it but some things you just gotta have!

Try some of the smaller places like Ace Hardware. I was in John Day Oregon which was in eastern Oregon. I believe had 28. Could have been 26, but they had 2 boxes. Its Ace Hardware, John Day Oregon.

You might be able to find some in some local shops. Last I heard Nosler was set to run some more 28 brass sometime in late September at the earliest.

I don’t know where you live but I found some at a store in Orem, Utah called Gunnies you could call them and see about shipping some out to you.

I'm running into the same issue. I called Nosler yesterday. The Rep on the phone stated that there was an issue with their brass supply. However, they expect a shipment within an week and will be running ammunition immediately. His best guess was that the suppliers should be receiving their ammo in about 3 weeks with it being available to the consumer in about 4 weeks. I asked about Nosler selling direct to the consumer earlier, which they are not. They will fill their whole sellers orders first before selling online to the general consumer.

Sorry to distract from the original post and to go off on a reloading tangent...I'd be buying a pile of the Norma 26 Nosler and running through a FL die. I see that Norma 26 nosler brass is available at multiple spots and much cheaper than 28 Nosler.

A bold person could get some 300RUM brass and gingerly trim and size it through a 28Nos die with a high failure rate.

Last edited:
I'm running into the same issue. I called Nosler yesterday. The Rep on the phone stated that there was an issue with their brass supply. However, they expect a shipment within an week and will be running ammunition immediately. His best guess was that the suppliers should be receiving their ammo in about 3 weeks with it being available to the consumer in about 4 weeks. I asked about Nosler selling direct to the consumer earlier, which they are not. They will fill their whole sellers orders first before selling online to the general consumer.

So who makes Nosler's brass? I was under the impression that they drew their own.

I love Nosler, but this is unacceptable. You can't create a caliber, and not make absolutely sure you can support it.

I live near San Antonio, Tx.

I was able to order some 175 grain through Bass Pro. It's on backorder but they say Aug 30 ship date. We will see. In the meantime I'm still looking for something local or shippable sooner. Can never have too much ammo. I will try Gunnies.

Thanks for the help. I'm still open for new sources.

Has anybody actually been able to find 28 Nosler ammo since they reportedly started shipping a couple of weeks ago?

Thanks, I’ve seen the brass as well. A video posted by Nosler a couple weeks ago said they started shipping. However, the dealers that I’ve spoken to say that their distributors still have not received any.

Got a question. Why would anyone that might not reload buy any cartridge like that? Ammo is gonna be hard to find anywhere!

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back