Caribou Gear

NJ Governor Bans Bear Hunt on Public Land

This is happening more and more when the antis and politics are allowed to take precedence over science based facts!

And this is why they call it Dirty Jersey

PS it does stink too but that's beside the point

I could never live there and that has nothing to do with bear hunting...lol.

NOOO, a dem would never want to end hunting... Can't be true.

Can't wait to see the spin

There really are no words do describe how stupid this action really is.
This state really is psychotic as we had the State FOP support a candidate who was

(1) pro marijuana
(2) sanctuary state
(3) anti hunting
(4) raise the state sales tax from 6% up to 7%

And they wonder why people retire and move away at a rate just about as fast as California

Common sense is gone

I've never expected much out of New Jersey. So, I've never really been disappointed.

Oak's point is spot on, as is Neffa's. Increased urbanization, loss of access, perceived anti-ethical hunting, etc all lead to stupid stuff like this.

There really are no words do describe how stupid this action really is.
This state really is psychotic as we had the State FOP support a candidate who was

(1) pro marijuana

The underlined is often used as a solution for the bolded and can also solve the problem of #4

Reefer madness wasn’t a documentary.

As for the bear hunt, count me as surprised that a politician of this particularly persuasion is against hunting.

State transfer is bad is bad is bad regardless of who is in charge and this shows exactly why. Use it as an example to our ‘conservative’ friends who’s thoughts that their state should manage federal land are tied right to their political alignment and the alignment of those that would make decisions on said land. (As if the pendulum will never swing the other way).

so now taxpayers will be on the hook for state officials resolving wildlife conflicts vs. folks paying the state to do it for them in the form of hunting.

I didn't see it in the article...did he provide any specifics about why he was doing this? that one group mentioned it being inhumane but I didn't know if the governor did it for that reason or not.

It is purely for brownie points. So damn glad I moved. The shitty politics of NJ are definitely laughable. But they damn sure aren't funny.

State control of federal lands sounds better all the time... :rolleyes:

Is it because the Feds would never do anything to stop hunting on public lands. :rolleyes:

I get your point, but the Feds have the ability to manage a lot of game in Alaska, and do so.

I don't recall, but wasn't there a ban previously in NJ, or maybe it was just talked about for a while. I can't keep up with all the closures. I know MD didn't have a bear season for decades, then opened it up. I thought NJ was similar, and did so after a few people got chewed on.

Is it because the Feds would never do anything to stop hunting on public lands. :rolleyes:

I get your point, but the Feds have the ability to manage a lot of game in Alaska, and do so.

I don't recall, but wasn't there a ban previously in NJ, or maybe it was just talked about for a while. I can't keep up with all the closures. I know MD didn't have a bear season for decades, then opened it up. I thought NJ was similar, and did so after a few people got chewed on.

I've always thought there's been a ban for a while in NJ also. It's a complete lack of knowledge on their part

What did you expect...…….its freaking New Jersey.

Common sense has NO place in politics, why expect it to be there?

Federal land management as it relates to wildlife is a completely different animal (pun intended) in AK. However, there have been attempts recently by the USFS to remove special designations for BHS because they are hunted. It's an effort to divided BHS advocates.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back