Caribou Gear

How Many Shots Before Cleaning Brass?

Got myself an old Midway vibratory tumbler. Looking for pros/cons of using walnut vs corn cob media? Anyone put any additives to make things shinier?

I tried treated corn cobs and they would stick in the primer flash hole so switched to untreated ground walnut and was big improvement as too fine to stick in primer area. I add a couple of dabs of NU Polish (ammonia free) to make a little shiny but that is just cosmetic preference.

Walnut and a cap of NU finish just remember to add the nu finish before the brass and let it tumble for 15 or so minutes until it's worked through the media and then add your brass or you'll have a mess on your hands.

I've got an old Midway vibratory tumbler and clean brass after every resizing with plain cob media. Just don't care to leave the sizing lube on the case's. There is a bit f cob that does get into the flash hole's but not that much and a ball point pen pop it right out. You have to pick them all up to mty cob out of the case anyway so popping out the flash hole is just no big thing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back