Caribou Gear

binocular harness/pouch

I'm also a happy FHF user. The only things I use the pockets for are tucking a call in and windchecker.

Last edited:
I have done a few more searches with google and found some really good reviews and head-to-head comparisons of most of the different brands and models. This is going to be one of those no-lose things I believe. Right now, I'm leaning towards Marsupial with FHF in close second place.

Lots of great comments here. I really appreciate all the constructive input.

I have done a few more searches with google and found some really good reviews and head-to-head comparisons of most of the different brands and models. This is going to be one of those no-lose things I believe. Right now, I'm leaning towards Marsupial with FHF in close second place.

Lots of great comments here. I really appreciate all the constructive input.

So I have a AGC and it's great, except the flap, in my opinion its backwards. The loop for the closure is on the main compartment, so you grab it, but then the lid is still fully open so basically have to use the other hand to close the lid while you're latching, or fumble around with it.

The FHF gets it right, the loop is on the lid, so you grab is and close the lid while latching. It's a small difference that is driving me crazy with my AGC.

Highly recommend the AGC bino harnesses. The only thing I dislike about them is that they are a little big for my chest when it is warm out with a single baselayer, even when fully tightened down. I am 5'11' and weigh 170 soaking wet on Thanksgiving day.

My absolute favorite has been the RMEF Ridgestalker Bino X Harness. It's the slimmest profile I've found (slimmer than KUIU), it's light, it's no frills, it's quiet (unlike many others, surprisingly), it's only $50 or less, and proceeds support RMEF.Alps_Ridge-Stalker-X-2016.jpg

I am surprised that this one has not turned up earlier. It is inexpensive as these things go and it's the first one to turn up when googling. Even Amazon sells it. Looks fairly decent too. But I confess, Marsupial nearly has me in the bag now.

I have used an FHF for about 3 years now, with the rangefinder pouch attached. I love it. No complaints here. It really is a quality piece of gear.

I have been using the FHF for last few years with GPS and ranger finder pouch attachments. I like how everything is kept snug but the straps chafe my neck. I just used an old camo t-shirt to sew up some strap covers and they worked great. Now I see they sell that as an option. the AGC Max cub one looks interesting though. might have to test that one.

I'm a fan of the FHF bino harness myself for a few reasons.

1. It has padded shoulder straps to help be more comfortable on those long hiking days.
  2. I like the simplicity of the latch. The elastic cord is on the lid and it's more natural to pull down than up. It's silent and has no magnets that snap back together or zippers to make noise.
  3. I like the size of FHF compared to AGC. I like you can run just binos or add only necessary attachments; keeping it small depending on how you need to hunt.

It's my opinion but I feel this was well thought out from a hunters perspective.

The only thing I would change on all the different "Chest Packs" is how accessory pouches attach. I have actually removed one of the wind checker elastic mesh pockets and used zip ties to attach rangefinder at the top and bottom of belt loop. I didn't like how the pouch bounced when hiking.

Another vote for AGC, even though it seems like you already have it narrowed down. I went with the model that will carry most 10x42s, rangefinder, side pockets, and bottom pocket. Basically I don't leave home without it. The other thing that I appreciate is its durability. Good luck in your seach.

Used to use the Kuiu harness, now use a Marsupial. The Marsupial or the Outdoor Vision harnesses are the two that fit my needs the best.

I spent way to much time picking out a bino harness and I went with the Outdoor Vision bino harness in the end, very well made and the most sleek, comfortable efficient design I found plus has a built in rain cover which doubles as an extra pocket if your not going to be in bad weather.

In the FWIW department, after lots of agonizing thought about pluses and minuses, I went with the Marsupial. I don't think there is a loser in any of them, but the Marsupial seemed to have what I want. I'll know soon. It is in the mail. If it arrives by Friday, it will go duck hunting on Saturday.

Brent

In the FWIW department, after lots of agonizing thought about pluses and minuses, I went with the Marsupial. I don't think there is a loser in any of them, but the Marsupial seemed to have what I want. I'll know soon. It is in the mail. If it arrives by Friday, it will go duck hunting on Saturday.

Brent

Let us now how you like it! I'm also in the market

I've only owned one and its Marsupial Gear, I really like it, the magnet flap so far has held shut during stalking situations (belly crawling, crawling on hands and knees). In these situations the weight of my binos is pushing against the lid/flap and they haven't fallen out yet. Also very comfortable!

I will be trying out Leupold's bino harness this year. Not sure if they are a limited release or prototypes but they look good and appear to be good quality. They don't show up on their website. The tether straps are too short and i contacted Leupold. They said they knew about it and are working to correct

I got the Marsupial harness today. It arrived a few hours after I got an email announcing the big sale at Gohunt (where I bought it). It is now $15 cheaper than it was yesterday. But anyway, it came today. Looks great, should be almost perfect. I wanted minimalist, and I got it.

Now I want to add something to it. It would be just perfect if it had secure pocket for a midsized cell phone (Samsung G8 actually), which I will be using for OnX navigation. That's the one thing I'll have to work around.

Tomorrow, it gets a test drive while teal hunting.

I got the Marsupial harness today. It arrived a few hours after I got an email announcing the big sale at Gohunt (where I bought it). It is now $15 cheaper than it was yesterday. But anyway, it came today. Looks great, should be almost perfect. I wanted minimalist, and I got it.

Now I want to add something to it. It would be just perfect if it had secure pocket for a midsized cell phone (Samsung G8 actually), which I will be using for OnX navigation. That's the one thing I'll have to work around.

Tomorrow, it gets a test drive while teal hunting.

Look at Marsupials web site they have accessories that should work.

Well, the harness works well. You can even swim with it... It is however, not waterproof to that extent. It did keep everything dry in an extended downpour, but spontaneous swimming was too much for it.

The teal hunting was a blast. Without the harness, I would not have taken the binos, and the binos were occasionally critical for determining that we were looking at teal and not juvenile woodducks.

Back