Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

binocular harness/pouch

I absolutely love my AGC. I keep my neccessities in there handy... tags, wind meter, lens brush and cloth, spare batteries. It is thickly padded and serves as a great prone rifle rest when hunting out West. I used it as a rest several times last season and even took a 73" goat at 523 yards off it. Heck, I even shot prairie dogs off it last July! I use a regular padded strap when bowhunting... haven't tried the AGC with a bow yet.

I toss in for the AGC. I bought the one with the pocket out front for my rangefinder. Everything is right there handy in the pockets. I narrowed it down to four. AGC, Marsupial,FHF and Badlands. Honestly I think I would have been happy with any of them. I have another set of binos so maybe an excuse to buy one of the other brands to see what I missed.

Anyone used their harness in the real thick alders in Alaska? Seems like the only closure system that would work would be a zipper when you are snaking through.

I had a cheap model off Amazon. To be honest it worked great as I stayed along a river most the time. But as soon as I hit the alders the elastic closure kept coming open and I broke a strap inside two hours

Anyone used their harness in the real thick alders in Alaska? Seems like the only closure system that would work would be a zipper when you are snaking through.

I had a cheap model off Amazon. To be honest it worked great as I stayed along a river most the time. But as soon as I hit the alders the elastic closure kept coming open and I broke a strap inside two hours

That's one neat feature of the models that close correctly. Many are backwards IMO and leave the latch/string on the front where it catches on anything.

I was in thick willows with my Marsupial this morning and it worked perfectly. I don't see that changing in an alder thicket. The way it opens, from the back, makes it very hard to imagine anything opening it by accident. And even so, the glasses are on tethers so they aren't going to be lost.

I have the FHF. Simple. Light. The range finder pouch is the best part of the system, your range finder is right where you need it

I bought the AGC Creations Cub last year and went on an elk hunt.
My host really liked my bino case.
We rode on a SXS vehicle and his bino harness ( just the stretchy straps) allowed the Red Dust of the kaibab to cover the glass on both neds of his binocs.
I took mine out of the case and let him use my clean Vortex 10X42's

So he went back to work 2 days before we ended our hunt and I left my AGC Creations Cub on his kitchen table with a note saying thanks for having me.
This year I am buying another AGC Bino harness with the front pocket for my Vortex Ranger 1500 (which should arrive Monday)

After a 6 day mule deer hunt in Wyoming and a few other uses for duck hunting and what not, I have to say the Marsupial system is pretty good. I'd give it a strong B (I'm a hard grader). Mine is the now, out of date version :( which does not have a smart phone pocket in it. THAT would have been super useful. It was occasionally uncomfortable when the QR buckles on the top corners would get under my pack shoulder straps. With some adjustment, this was probably avoidable, since about 50% of the time, that wasn't a factor at all, but when it was, it was just annoying enough to be noticeable, and not quite enough to provoke me into doing something about it.

In the end, I don't really care for having all this stuff strapped on me (bino pack, backpack, rifle, shooting sticks), but it darn sure worked efficiently and that was the point.

So, the Marsupial is not regretted and I'll be using it again. Next year with elk tags in hand, I hope.

It was occasionally uncomfortable when the QR buckles on the top corners would get under my pack shoulder straps. With some adjustment, this was probably avoidable, since about 50% of the time, that wasn't a factor at all, but when it was, it was just annoying enough to be noticeable, and not quite enough to provoke me into doing something about it.

I had the same experience with my Marsupial. Otherwise a very nice binocular harness!

I have had the sitka setups and the Badlands, I thought the new sitka design looked pretty sweet but using it for a season. I'm not impressed, I will be looking elsewhere once again. Marsupial makes a sweet looking setup to. I am also looking at those outdoor vision packs has anyone used one any familiarity with them? Thanks

I am also looking at those outdoor vision packs has anyone used one any familiarity with them? Thanks

I have owned Kuiu, Marsupial, and Outdoor Vision harnesses, and have spent some time messing around with Sitka (brother's) and AGC (buddy's). The Outdoor Vision harness is my favorite of the bunch, personally. I liked the Kuiu and Marsupial as well but I felt the OV harness was the best combination of all features. The biggest difference between the Marsupial and the OV harness for me was the OV has a shorter movement to open and close the lid. With the Marsupial you have to reach way down and way back up; the OV is a shorter and quicker movement. That may sound inconsequential to some but when you're constantly pulling your binos out of the harness it makes a difference, at least to me.

It would be nice to work with a company in improving their product. I can think of a few other things that would really improve the Marsupial event though it is a pretty nice unit as it is.

Big fan of FHF, same as Randy uses. Light weight, full protection and accessory pouches are easily attached and stay in place good. Also supports American made products.

This was my first full year with this harness. I can't say enough good things about it. Love the rangefinder pouch. Both bino and rangefinder's have lanyards. I put my phone in the open topped back pouch. The side zippered pouches have diaphragm calls, a havalon, extra bullets and a wind checker. Licenses go in the rear zippered pouch.

[video=youtube;NC79y6Z8ZR8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NC79y6Z8ZR8[/video]

This was my first full year with this harness. I can't say enough good things about it. Love the rangefinder pouch. Both bino and rangefinder's have lanyards. I put my phone in the open topped back pouch. The side zippered pouches have diaphragm calls, a havalon, extra bullets and a wind checker. Licenses go in the rear zippered pouch.

[video=youtube;NC79y6Z8ZR8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NC79y6Z8ZR8[/video]

I should add that this is my most recent evolution. I've used harnesses from Sitka and Kuiu previously. I like the Kuiu, but my wind checker was constantly falling out, plus I had to keep my range finder in a separate pouch. This one is well worth the money....

The Badlands looks like quite an outfit, but it also looks really big. If you hung that on a normal sized human instead of a former NFL Offensive Left Tackle, you might not be able to see the guy... :)

That might be a slight exaggeration :), but it does look bulky and I already find the very streamlined Marsupial to be pretty big.

I'm very happy with the Alps Outdoorz Ridgestalker X. Not bulky at all. $49.99 from their website. I paid $54.99 from RMEF

I really like my Marsupial as mentioned before, it did a great job for me so far this season, and It has blood on it so its very lucky. But I ran across a Eberlestock Nosegunner for a great price on e-bay. This is one that I have not seen discussed so I will do a comparison and the one I don't like will end up going to my wife who is getting a new set of binos for christmas.

https://www.eberlestock.com/store/nosegunner

I do like the idea of having a pistol right there, especially scouting or shed hunting when I don't carry a rifle. I"m also curious about the side pockets it has and if they will work for a rangefinder or GPS.

Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back