Accubond vs. Partition?

• Thread starter Deleted member 38069
  • Start date
I've been able to get only mediocre accuracy with partitions, but great accuracy with ABs. Never actually shot an animal with either, though.

I forgot to add, I don't reload. My rifle loves the ABs! Plus, i like having an exit wound!

Or the OP could stay with the Accubond because it is one Hell of a bullet. And it shoots well for him. And they kill well. mtmuley

No!

On the internet, one must always give an answer that is unrelated to the original question!

Bond the ELD-X and REALLY have something. How many times do I have to say it before they'll go ahead with it?

How far do you normally shoot at game?

It's really irrelevant,but thanks for asking. I've not noticed a higher BC being detrimental to the outcome at shorter yardage.

I wised up a couple years ago,and bought a Tacoma. Perfectly adequate for day to day living,and all my outdoor activities. Albeit lacking in cargo room and horsepower. I recently moved back into another RAM. Necessary? Nope. I'm an American. I want it all. I want it now. Nothing more. Nothing less. I like powerful trucks,slippery bullets,and red heads. Let's not read too much into a simple observation with regard to improving an existing bullet design. I like Accubonds,Tipped Trophy Bonded,TTSX. Hell I even like the old school Grand Slam. My senior thesis was on exterior ballistics. Shot bench rest for years. I'm old enough to know better than to launch into an internet argument about religion,politics,ethics or ballistics.

That's right around $.02 worth. It's 47 days till Mule deer season. The rest is bull chit.

Everyone have a safe and festive Holiday weekend!

It's really irrelevant,but thanks for asking. I've not noticed a higher BC being detrimental to the outcome at shorter yardage.

I wised up a couple years ago,and bought a Tacoma. Perfectly adequate for day to day living,and all my outdoor activities. Albeit lacking in cargo room and horsepower. I recently moved back into another RAM. Necessary? Nope. I'm an American. I want it all. I want it now. Nothing more. Nothing less. I like powerful trucks,slippery bullets,and red heads. Let's not read too much into a simple observation with regard to improving an existing bullet design. I like Accubonds,Tipped Trophy Bonded,TTSX. Hell I even like the old school Grand Slam. My senior thesis was on exterior ballistics. Shot bench rest for years. I'm old enough to know better than to launch into an internet argument about religion,politics,ethics or ballistics.

That's right around $.02 worth. It's 47 days till Mule deer season. The rest is bull chit.

Everyone have a safe and festive Holiday weekend!

What I figured. I see a lot of folks get hung up on BC numbers, but don't shoot at ranges for it to even matter.

Aren't you an anilitical summitch N2TRKYS. You don't know anything about me,or the subject matter. As far as I can tell.

Ok. Your turn. Impress me.

Last edited:
Nope. I thought all that was laughable when it hit the streets. Tip melt. Really? Bunch of silliness.

Yep, and truth be told, through the years BC has gone lower and lower on my list when picking a killing bullet. Using a lathe turned 181 grain copper this year with a .272 G7. But, at 3400 fps plus, it oughta work. mtmuley

Yep, and truth be told, through the years BC has gone lower and lower on my list when picking a killing bullet. Using a lathe turned 181 grain copper this year with a .272 G7. But, at 3400 fps plus, it oughta work. mtmuley

What ate you launching those with?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mthunter137
Back