Accubond vs. Partition?

• Thread starter Deleted member 38069
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 38069

Hey folks,

I started using nosler accubonds about five years ago and haven't looked back. I'm curious what the difference is between ABs and partitions? Thanks.

About $5.00 a box.....I've used both. I prefer Partitions though, and the Partition has been around for many years taking game. Cabela's has the Partitions on sale right now, with free shipping on orders over $50.00.

Partitions are a great bullet and have taken alot of game. That being said I prefer the higher BC of the accubond, also a great bullet. My rifles really like them as well.

I've had better accuracy results with the AccuBonds when I've compared the two of them. Both very effective bullets when it comes to performance on animals. Just due to the accuracy and results I've gotten with ABs in several guns and on several species, I'm an AccuBond user.

I like Accubonds. They seem to retain about the same amount of weight as a Partition but they expand to a wider frontal diameter. So they make a bigger hole but penetrate less. I’ve recovered more of them from game because of that. But both are great bullets.

Yep I have used them both and both are great bullets. My .270 likes Partitions better even though they have less BC. So that is what I feed it. I am however switching to a E Tip (if I can find them in stock) or a Barnes TTSX on all my hunting rifles.

Thanks for all the info. I think I'm going to stay with my ABs.

I like them both equally. They both can be had for around $20/box and most of the time for less.

I'm slowly switching to E-tips or similar but have had great luck with both. I've had slightly better accuracy with and prefer the Accubond which can be had from Shooters Pro Shop for a fraction of what you get in the store.

The Accubond has a Tip. The AB flies a bit better. The Ballistic Tip is a real good bullet these days, also.

Economy of scale...buy enough bullets for a particular rifle so that you don't need to buy them again. I have anywhere from 200-5k of bullets I like for each rifle...some are set for life others for a few years

That's why I buy in bulk for multiple calibers and weights at once and only have 1 shipping cost. Sometimes the UPS guy hates me lol

And the military/first responders discount helps with the shipping. Also, splitting an order with some buddies spreads it out.

Both are proven bullets, but given recent lead discussions you may also want to consider Barnes TTSX - they shoot really well out of my guns so far.

Both are proven bullets, but given recent lead discussions you may also want to consider Barnes TTSX - they shoot really well out of my guns so far.

Or the OP could stay with the Accubond because it is one Hell of a bullet. And it shoots well for him. And they kill well. mtmuley

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back