Accubond vs. Partition?

• Thread starter Deleted member 38069
  • Start date
What ate you launching those with?

.300 RUM. Have some 199's with a .299 G7 at 3200 and change, but with a 10 twist, stability is marginal. An all copper 181 at that speed is a killer. My buddy owns the company, and the 181 in the RUM is proven. He has a customer shooting the 152 grain at 3700 fps. mtmuley

Aren't you an anilitical summitch N2TRKYS. You don't know anything about me,or the subject matter. As far as I can tell.

Ok. Your turn. Impress me.

I asked a simple question and you got buthurt over it for some reason.

Good luck with your bullets.

I seem to hear lots and lots of debating these days about specific bullets and specific uses for those bullets, more and more.you can't use this for elk, or you can't use that for long distance, or you can only use something else for deer.
Most people believe some of these things, simply because they read it or heard it somewhere.
I have had the good fortune to be a rifle man on many crop damage hunts and taken hundreds of deer in my meager lifetime. I used various calibers and used several different types of bullets over many different ranges .
I think if people would fire three rounds of many types of bullets into some bundles of wet newspaper, they may be very surprised at what they dig out.
I have some beliefs about the proper use of a few bullets myself and I'm guilty as many others have been, of being pretty stubborn about some of them.
But these days we have more bullets to choose from than ever before. Both for the reloader and for shelf boxed ammo.
I can think of any bullet off the top of my head that is designed for big game that would not be lethal to all North American animals, and most animals on any other continent too.

I say shoot what you have confidence in and worry more about accuracy of the nut behind the trigger than the bullet in the pipe.

There was a thread when accubonds first came out wanting to know how much weight they retained. So i called Nosler and asked, local call for me. Both are designed to maintain 70% of their weight. Wonder what the point of the accubond really is?

There was a thread when accubonds first came out wanting to know how much weight they retained. So i called Nosler and asked, local call for me. Both are designed to maintain 70% of their weight. Wonder what the point of the accubond really is?
Similar performance with a more modern profile/flight characteristic. Weight retention does not equal penetration.

Iwent with E-tips after Randy's podcast. Thanks for all of the input!

I used to be a partition guy. Now I almost always shoot Accubonds and Bergers. I do use the partitions when bear hunting.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back