Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

New from Oklahoma

okiehunter18

I am from Oklahoma and grew up camping and fishing. Got into hunting deer a couple times in high school and have since become addicted to deer and spring turkey hunting. I really want to learn to hunt everything I can, so I can spend as much time in the woods (and away from work) as possible, pass on the skills and lifestyle to my kiddos, and provide a variety of organic wild game. After I got turned on to the Meateater and Randy Newberg's content, I have been obsessed with going out west to start backpacking hunting as there aren't very many opportunities to do so in Oklahoma. I did my first application this year in Colorado for deer and elk to start the point game but also bought an OTC elk tag for the 2nd rifle season. I was planning a trip with a few other friends but they have all backed out, so now my first trip will be a solo one but am still looking forward to it. Scouted some area around Pagosa Springs earlier this year and plan to go back for the hunt. I've never posted to forums like this but have been lurking on Hunt Talk for a while and finally thought I'd get involved.

Welcome from a former Okie!

Don't overlook Oklahoma. There are getting to be more and more opportunities with the walk in program and larger places in the SE and Western part of the states that you could hunt.

Yeah this year is the first year that I've done the applications for the elk, deer, and antelope tags in Oklahoma also. I drew one of the Lexington WMA deer rifle hunts, so looking to harvest my first public land deer.

Yeah this year is the first year that I've done the applications for the elk, deer, and antelope tags in Oklahoma also. I drew one of the Lexington WMA deer rifle hunts, so looking to harvest my first public land deer.

Congrats on the rifle hunt there! I see a ton of deer out there in the off season, but I know it gets hit fairly hard for archery with it being close to OKC.

Do you do any archery? If so, I'll shoot you a PM with some info.

Congrats on the rifle hunt there! I see a ton of deer out there in the off season, but I know it gets hit fairly hard for archery with it being close to OKC.

Do you do any archery? If so, I'll shoot you a PM with some info.

I started archery hunting for deer a couple years ago and am wanting to get a whole lot better at it and increase my range so I can chase elk during the rut. But for this year, I settled for a rifle tag.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hammerg
Back