Can I Carry a Pistol While I Archery Hunt Colorado?

AlphaHunter

Hello,
I am Looking to hunt Colorado next year and looking to get all my ducks in a row. my questions are can I carry a pistol for protection while archery hunting? I am a VA resident and have a CCW in VA. I don't care about Conceal carry but about protection from something bigger (snakes ;)).

thanks for the responses in advance.

Last edited:
I would read into Colorado's laws and find out if they honor VA's CCW.

Yes you can regardless of ccw reciprocity. Colorado law allows handguns to be carried during the act of hunting if you are not legally precluded from ownership.

Yes....hunting or not, you can carry a firearm unconcealed as long as you are legal to own a firearm. Not much in Colorado to worry about other than a few mountain lions and they are USUALLY harmless. Though every now and again you hear stories.

I carry a gun lots of places. If you want to, go for it. It's way better to have one and not need it than the alternative. mtmuley

As an American carry and be proud!Az.allows it now.More snakes here than Bears,:cool:

Go for it if open carried. Be aware of laws in towns you travel through, rules permitting open carry aren't necessarily enforced statewide. Denver does not allow open carry.

I will be carrying while scouting this weekend. Bears and cats don't worry me nearly as much as crazy humans do.

Back